“Jacques” Magazine Begs To Differ In Portrayal Of WomenOctober 29th, 2010 - 7:36 pm ICT by GD
By Meena Kar
Oct 29, (THAINDIAN NEWS) “Jacques” magazine, has been given a new look. The two creative directors, Jonathan Leder and his wife Danielle Leder feels that there is a huge difference between pornography and aesthetics. That is why, the magazine has been given a new look and a new feel, that would make it different from other adult magazines.
Jonathan Leder feels that it is a question of quality, that makes the adult magazine “Jacques” different from its competitors. According to him, most of the magazines make an effort to make the portrayal of women cheaper, and reduce its cost to make it sell However, that is not the policy that “Jacques” Magazine plans to adopt. This magazine unlike others have adopted a new USP, where he would redesign the looks inspired from the retro era of 1960s, ’70s and ’80s. Abiding by the authenticity of that era, this magazine would aesthetically portray the natural beauty of women, with natural curves, sans of surgery or silicone implants. It separates themselves from the other “Skin” magazines by portraying women within an age group, that determines natural beauty. The age between 22-26, makes a women all more pretty, with no freckles, stretch marks or scars. Only those women, who are not too skinny or plastic will be featured in their magazine. The retro inspired aesthetics will be incorporated through Polaroid cameras.
This magazine has bifurcated themselves from the other competitors, who they described as “vulgar, cheap, adult”. Pornography, is how the other magazines may be rightly described, says Jonathan Leder. But “Jacques” Magazine has strived not to come under that category. Its biggest competitor, “Playboy”, is losing its popularity because people are resorting to Internet for porns. In such a scenario, the aesthetics of “Jacques” Magazine, will count for its USP.
- Designers recreate yesteryear, spiritual charm on ramp - Aug 04, 2012
- Archana Kochhar gives retro twist to digital prints - Aug 07, 2012
- Trying to build beauty brand? Find a USP - Feb 08, 2012
- High on creativity, Gen Next designers open LFW (With Images) - Aug 17, 2011
- "It Is A Wrong Perception In The Minds Of People In India That A Horror Film Has To Be Gory" - Wilson Louis - Sep 04, 2010
- Movie Preview: Anaganaga O Dheerudu - Jan 13, 2011
- Smugglers, cabaret - 1970s era comes alive in 'Once Upon...' (IANS Preview) - Jul 26, 2010
- Chitrangada loves 1970s style - Feb 16, 2012
- Designers Riimple-Mayyur revive Mughal, Victorian era - Mar 08, 2012
- From billboards to Madhuri: Husain's love affair with cinema - Jun 09, 2011
- Thandie Newton loves freckles - Jan 23, 2012
- Bringing your crowning glory back - the Sehwag, Kallis way! - May 11, 2011
- Dev Anand Bollywood's original style icon: Designers - Dec 04, 2011
- British women simply love porn - Jul 02, 2012
- Let music do the talking this Valentine's Day - Feb 11, 2012
Tags: adult magazine, adult magazines, adult pornography, aesthetics, cheap adult, creative directors, freckles, kar, natural beauty, natural curves, polaroid cameras, porns, portrayal of women, scars, silicone implants, skin magazines, stretch marks, those women, usp, wife danielle