Jacqueline Fernandez’d love to work with Abhay DeolSeptember 6th, 2010 - 3:43 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 6 (IANS) Sri Lankan actress Jacqueline Fernandez, who teamed up with Riteish Deshmukh in her first two movies, says she would love to team up with Abhay Deol.
Asked about her favourite actors, she said: “I aspire to be like Aishwarya Rai for her elegance and poise. One actor I would like to pair up with would be Abhay Deol. He is very talented and I personally like his work a lot.”
After doing fantasy roles, Jacqueline is all set to play a “real” character in filmmaker Milap Zaveri’s next and says doing such roles is more challenging than the fairytale ones.
“For my next project, I will start working with Milap Zaveri once again. The project is in the scripting stages. My character is very ‘real’ and nothing like my fairytale characters that I did in ‘Alladin’ or ‘Jaane Kahan Se Aayi Hai’,” Jacqueline told IANS.
“But I must accept it is very difficult to play real characters because when you have a fairy tale character, you can do anything with them. But to build connection with the audiences and to make them believe reality is very difficult. And you definitely have to do a lot of research; you have to be in the skin of the character and it’s something that I have not done before.”
The 26-year-old, who was in the capital for wedding exhibition Shagunn, is open to experimentation - be it bold roles or item numbers.
“I am ‘in’ for these kind of roles. The condition is that they should excite me. I am open for experimentation be it bold roles, subject oriented films or song sequences. If the role makes me believe I can do it differently and that I can do full justice to it, I will definitely take it,” she said.
“I’m very choosy about my roles and scripts. I just see my career as a journey and not as a race to win or to earn. I like roles that are different yet challenging.”
At the same time she feels, she can’t plan to do specific roles.
“Planning a role is something one cannot do. I can’t sit and decide I want to play Mother Teresa. The role, script, director all come in a package.”
The actress reveals she is in love with the capital and that is what brings her back again so often.
“I consider Delhi my second home now, apart from Mumbai because I am here so often. I am in love with the city. I just love coming back here again and again. Delhi offers best restaurants and shopping experience unlike anywhere in India,” she said.
- Esha Gupta goes de-glam to play cop in 'Chakravyuh' - May 09, 2012
- I am Sunny's third son: Bobby Deol - Dec 24, 2010
- Katrina, Priyanka, Deepika Vidya, Anushka Sharma to be added on in Milap Zaveri's Film - Mar 05, 2010
- JKSAH director ecstatic with his choice for lead pair - Mar 15, 2010
- Boldness a state of mind: Bengali actress Paoli Dam (Interview) - Apr 20, 2012
- I'm nervous about 'Murder 2': Jacqueline - Jan 27, 2011
- I'm almost half-naked in 'Aisha': Ira Dubey (With image) - Jul 12, 2010
- Dark humour, thrillers on Abhay Deol's mind - Jan 16, 2011
- Vinod Tharani plans to sign Jacqueline for directorial debut - Aug 14, 2012
- Jacqueline Fernandez loves Indian weddings - Jul 14, 2010
- Jacqueline trains hard for 'Race 2' action scenes - May 05, 2012
- Mallika Sherawat is extremely daring: Jacqueline Fernandez - Mar 11, 2011
- I'm nervous about my TV debut: Sanjay Dutt (Movie Snippets) - Jul 30, 2011
- Riteish Deshmukh won't do sex comedies any more - Mar 03, 2010
- Gained nine to 10 kg for 'Shanghai': Emraan Hashmi - May 07, 2012
Tags: aayi, abhay deol, actress jacqueline, aishwarya rai, alladin, audiences, elegance, fairy tale character, fairytale characters, filmmaker, jacqueline fernandez, kahan, milap, New Delhi, poise, riteish deshmukh, song sequences, sri lankan actress, wedding exhibition, zaveri