Jacqueline Fernandez Interacts With The TEEN OF THE YEAR 2010 ParticipantsNovember 29th, 2010 - 11:38 am ICT by Sampurn Wire
November 29, 2010 (Showbiz PR Wire): Stage all set for Teen of the Year 2010 Pageant
The Teenager magazine in association with Habitat for Humanity India is conducted this event with the theme of “Building a socially conscious India”. Now in its 15th year, the event has 18 participants chosen from various zonals held across the country, representing different regions of India.
Noted Bollywood actor and goodwill ambassador of Habitat for Humanity India Jacqueline Fernandez, has lent her support to this event and on the day of the Grand Finale to be held on 20th Nov,2010, she spent time interacting with the finalist at 3.00 pm at St.Paul’s centre. JF has been a source of inspiration to the contestants through her article published in the Teenager magazine’s, July edition.
Post this the finalist moved to the St.Andrew’s auditorium for the awards ceremony, where one of the 18 finalists were selected as the TEEN of the YEAR 2010.Tushar Gandhi ,The great Grandson of Mahatma Gandhi was the chief guest for the event.
Prior to the final event, the participants , were put through a range of events that include group dynamics, workshops, personality development exercises, personal interviews, all this with the objective to bring out hidden talents that these youngsters would’ve never known to them. Besides this, these finalists were engaged in a volunteer build at a Habitat site at Karjat to work side by side with the beneficiaries and help in building their house.
About Habitat for Humanity India:
Habitat For Humanity India is a not for profit organisation working for the provision of safe, decent and affordable home for the less fortunate citizens of India, for the past 27 years. The organisation has built/rehabilitated over 35,000 houses pan India, impacting the lives of over 175,000 people mainly women and children through their housing program.
Teenager is a magazine launched in 1961 for positively impacting the lives of the teens across the country. During its 49 years it has been a source of information and guidance for thousands of teens dealing with the pains of attaining majority.
–Showbiz PR Wire
- Designer Sisters, Barkha N' Sonzal’s Latest Collection For A Noble Cause - Dec 21, 2010
- Pradhuman Singh Is The Talk Of The Town In Goa - Dec 04, 2010
- DJ Akhil Talreja's Remix 'Tip Tip Barsa Pani' Impressed Mika Singh - Dec 11, 2010
- Claudia Ciesla In Action - Nov 20, 2010
- Deepika & Imran Patch Up Through Zen Mobile - Nov 29, 2010
- Durga Pooja This Year Was Very Special For Rituparna Sengupta - Oct 22, 2010
- After Love, Sex Aur Dhokha, It's Raginni MMS ! - Dec 07, 2010
- Hazel Dancing With The Stars - Nov 01, 2010
- Akshay Kumar 2nd Invitational National Karate Championship 2010 Begins - Nov 03, 2010
- Event Release: Screening Of 'Boond' - Dec 09, 2010
- Allah Ke Banday Was Shot In 47 Different Locations In Mumbai - Nov 02, 2010
- CCL (Celebrity Cricket League) With Sohail Khan Entertainment Announces The “Mumbai Heroes” - Dec 02, 2010
- Golmaal 3 Team Celebrates Diwali! - Nov 06, 2010
- Vikram Bhatt Makes India's First Stereoscopic 3D film – Haunted - Nov 01, 2010
- Statement From Sanjay Dutt - Dec 04, 2010
Tags: awards ceremony, chief guest, different regions, fortunate citizens, goodwill ambassador, grand finale, group dynamics, habitat for humanity, hidden talents, india habitat, jacqueline fernandez, karjat, mahatma gandhi, personal interviews, personality development, pr wire, profit organisation, st andrew, teenager magazine, tushar gandhi