Jacqueline dislikes Bollywood celebs on the rampJuly 26th, 2011 - 12:55 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 25 (IANS) Actress Jacqueline Fernandez, who chose to be in the front row for designer Gaurav Gupta at the ongoing Synergy1 Delhi Couture Week (DCW), feels that Bollywood celebrities are better off sitting in the front row rather than walking the ramp.
“We chose not to walk for the designer because we feel that fashion show is all about clothes and designer’s creativity and it’s better to let the garments do the talking rather than Bollywood celebrities stealing the limelight as they walk the ramp,” said the Sri Lankan beauty, who was seen sporting Gaurav Gupta’s grey net sari with single shoulder blouse.
The designer presented a collection inspired by enchanted forest and showcased garments which had lots of pleats, drapes and ruffles.
The silhouettes were a mix of sari inspired gowns and ghagaras in the hues of creme, pink, gold, copper, yellow, green and turquoise. The fabrics were mostly net, chiffons, georgettes and tulles.
“The collection was inspired by enchanted forest and I tried to create a fantasy world with surrealism depicting lot of femininity and elegance. I have presented a classic collection in modern look,” said Gaurav.
Also present in the front row was actor Shakti Kapoor’s daughter Shradha Kapoor, who looked elegant in a black and red gown with neatly tied up hair.
- Bridal collection, Bollywood dominated DCW (Review) (With Images) - Aug 13, 2012
- Sonam, Shabana make their way to DCW (Lead with correction in second para) - Aug 10, 2012
- Sonam, Shabana make their way to DCW (With Images) - Aug 10, 2012
- Sonam Kapoor dazzles at Manish Malhotra's show - Jul 25, 2011
- Clothes real stars at Delhi Couture Week (Review) - Jul 26, 2010
- 'Paparazzi' with Umrao Jaan, Lady Gaga at Lakme Fashion Week - Aug 17, 2011
- Bollywood marks its presence on fourth day at WIFW - Apr 10, 2011
- Sari gets makeover, new look lures Hollywood - Sep 28, 2011
- DCW puts spotlight on opulence, grandeur and business (Preview) - Aug 07, 2012
- Sridevi turns muse for Sabyasachi Mukherjee at DCW - Aug 13, 2012
- Walking the ramp is fun for me: Sharmila Tagore - Aug 09, 2012
- Meera-Muzzafar Ali introduce short dresses on the ramp - Jul 23, 2011
- Clothes were the real stars of Delhi Couture Week (Review) (Lead, Superseding earlier story) - Jul 26, 2010
- Dia, Sameera cheer for Shantanu-Nikhil - Feb 15, 2012
- Manish Malhotra brings curtains down on LFW in style - Aug 22, 2011
Tags: actress jacqueline, bollywood celebrities, dcw, enchanted forest, fantasy world, fashion show, femininity, gupta, hues, jacqueline fernandez, limelight, pink gold, pleats, red gown, sari, shakti kapoor, showcased, shradha, silhouettes, sri lankan