Jackos peace-pipe: to leave Beatles back catalogue to Macca in his willJanuary 4th, 2009 - 4:25 pm ICT by ANI
London, Jan 4 (ANI): Pop star Michael Jackson is leaving his share of the Beatles back catalogue to Sir Paul McCartney in his will, which, he hopes, may end an almost 24-year-long feud with the legendary rocker.
Macca was upset with Jackson when he outbid him in 1985 to win the ownership of the 350 million-pound publishing rights for the whole Lennon-McCartney songbook.
However , Jackson , who is reportedly struggling with a serious genetic lung disease , wants to make peace.
He has drawn up a new will where McCartney will get control of the Beatles songbook when Jackson dies.
Sources close to Jackson said he always regretted having a falling out with McCartney.
Michael is worried about his health so decided it was time to look at his finances, the Mirror quoted a source, as saying.
Most of his estate has been divided up between his three children. But Michael told his lawyers he was sad he no longer talks to Sir Paul and said he wanted to make things right.
Michael is suffering serious back and leg pain and has for a few years. He gets spasms in his back which means he spends a lot of time in bed and a wheelchair.
He weighs just over seven stone and is very frail. Hes also had a nasty bout of emphysema and there have been reports he has another lung disease, the source added. (ANI)
- Jackson wants to end feud with McCartney - Jan 04, 2009
- Jailed George Michael gets hand-written letter from Macca - Oct 01, 2010
- Macca croons 'When I'm Sixty-Four' to Bill Clinton on 64th birthday - Aug 23, 2010
- McCartney to sing at Willaim's wedding? - Jan 06, 2011
- McCartney surprises Clinton on birthday - Aug 22, 2010
- Macca dumps EMI, to release back catalogue via independent label - Apr 22, 2010
- Katie Holmes 'star struck after meeting Macca' - Aug 10, 2010
- 'Blackbird', 'Here, There and Everywhere' are Macca's favourite songs - Jun 18, 2010
- When Lovato met McCartney - Apr 11, 2012
- Macca pays on-stage tribute to Jimi Hendrix - Jun 14, 2010
- Sir Paul McCartney saves woman pedestrian from crazed cyclist - Oct 16, 2010
- McCartney to wed again - Oct 09, 2011
- Joe Walsh and Paul McCartney get standing ovation at the Grammy Awards - Feb 14, 2012
- Paul McCartney was inspiration by father - Jan 30, 2012
- Jacko may leave Macca 200-song Beatles collection - Jun 27, 2009
Tags: back and leg pain, back catalogue, beatles, emphysema, genetic lung disease, Health Science, hes, lawyers, lennon mccartney, london jan, michael jackson, mirror, nasty bout, paul mccartney, peace pipe, pop star, publishing rights, sir paul mccartney, songbook, wheelchair