Jacko’s pal Bubbles the chimp not to attend his funeralJuly 2nd, 2009 - 2:18 pm ICT by ANI
London, July 2 (ANI): Late King of Pop Michael Jackson’s old friend Bubbles the chimp will not be attending his funeral. The ape will be kept 3,000 miles away when Jackson is laid to rest in California, and it will spend the day listening to “calming flute music” at the animal sanctuary in Wauchula, Florida, where it presently lives.
“It is sad for Bubbles but it is better that he stays here,” the Sun quoted a spokesman for the Centre For Great Apes as saying.
He revealed that staff at the centre have “not said anything” to Bubbles about Jackson’s death thus far.
He, however, added: “There has been no invitation for him to attend the funeral. Maybe we’ll mark the occasion another way.”
Bubbles, who is presently 26 years old, was rescued by Jackson from a cancer research centre in 1985. It then went on to live in the singer’s house, and often wore matching outfits.
Jackson eventually gave the ape up amid fears that it was growing aggressive.
The chimp is presently much healthier than when it was Jacko’s companion, and is said to be at the heart of a Hollywood movie and book deal.
It now spends his days painting, listening to music, and playing with an older chimp called Sam. (ANI)
- La Toya Jackson Meets Her Brother's Former Pet Bubbles In Florida Sanctuary - Jun 24, 2010
- Deceased Michael Jackson's Elder Sister, La Toya Jackson, Meets His Beloved Chimpanzee, Bubbles - Jun 24, 2010
- MJ was 'crazy' about Bubbles the Ape - Sep 20, 2010
- MJ 'wanted op to make pet chimp Bubbles talk' - Jul 11, 2010
- Untold story of Michael Jackson and his pet chimp to be aired - Oct 15, 2010
- Jackson's clothes fetch millions at auction - Dec 07, 2010
- MJ's craze for Bubbles - Sep 23, 2010
- Jacko's chimp pal Bubbles 'set to become film star' - Jun 29, 2009
- Crematorium to broadcast funerals live on internet - Feb 03, 2012
- Try flute yoga to beat stress - Jul 21, 2012
- Incarcerated Madoff will not attend son's funeral, says lawyer - Dec 14, 2010
- MJ 'talked to pet chimp Bubbles in special language' - Sep 15, 2010
- Sharing comes naturally to apes - Feb 02, 2010
- Wild chimps learning how to outwit human hunters - Sep 04, 2010
- Eating monkeys, apes could cause 'next HIV' - May 26, 2012
Tags: animal sanctuary, bubbles the chimp, cancer research centre, chimp, companion, fears, great apes, heart, hollywood, invitation, jacko, king of pop, listening to music, london, michael jackson, old friend, painting, pop michael jackson, spokesman, wauchula florida