Jacko’s opening gigs delay ‘not due to health’May 22nd, 2009 - 2:04 pm ICT by ANI
London, May 22 (ANI): Michael Jackson’s concert promoter has dismissed claims that the singer postponed the first four concerts of his comeback tour in London due to his skin cancer.
AEG Live president Randy Phillips said that the delay had “absolutely nothing” to do with the King of Pop’s health.
“I would trade my body for his tomorrow. He’s in fantastic shape,” the BBC quoted him as saying.
Phillips said the dates had been rescheduled to ensure fans could “get the same quality in staging and level of entertainment.”
Creative director, Kenny Ortega further added that the original schedule left little room for dress rehearsals, saying: “It just wasn’t practical for safety reasons and professional reasons.
“These choices were made purely based on the practical needs and the responsible needs of putting up a first class production.”
Jackson was due to kick off a much-awaited 50-show run at the 20,000-capacity O2 Arena on July 8.
The opening night of his This Is It UK tour has been pushed to July 13, while three other gigs, previously slated for July 10, 12 and 14, will not be staged until March next year. (ANI)
- Jacko postpones opening gigs of London comeback tour - May 21, 2009
- Angry Jacko fans set up online petition to protest comeback delay - May 27, 2009
- Concert promoters termed MJ 'emotionally paralyzed mess' - Sep 03, 2012
- Jacko doing UK tour 'to build trust fund for his kids' - Jun 02, 2009
- Jacko often forgot to eat and had to be 'force fed' while preparing for O2 gigs - Jul 02, 2009
- More tickets for Jacko's comeback gigs up for grabs - Jun 24, 2009
- Michael Jackson latest news - New movie by years end - Jul 21, 2009
- Advance booking for Jackson film to start Sunday - Sep 26, 2009
- Jacko's final rehearsal for O2 gigs may be released as his final album - Jun 29, 2009
- Michael Jackson movie opening around the world - Oct 28, 2009
- Michael Jackson postpones comeback tour - May 21, 2009
- Jacko concert bosses hope to recover losses via $17.5M insurance cover - Jul 03, 2009
- Plans for feature film of MJ's show rehearsals underway - Aug 06, 2009
- Judge gives green light for posthumous Jackson film - Aug 11, 2009
- Jacksons to take over London shows? - Jul 01, 2009
Tags: aeg live, bbc, choices, comeback tour, concert promoter, concerts, creative director, dress rehearsals, first class, jacko, kenny ortega, king of pop, michael jackson, president randy, professional reasons, randy phillips, safety reasons, shape, skin cancer, staging