Jacko’s musical film ‘The Whiz’ heading back to Broadway rootsFebruary 26th, 2009 - 4:24 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, February 26 (ANI): Former ‘king of pop’ Michael Jackson’s musical film ‘The Whiz’ is once again heading back to Broadway.
The film, also starring Diana Ross, was actually based on a 1975 Broadway show titled ‘The Wonderful Wizard of Oz’, which exclusively featured African American actors.
Sidney Lumet directed the film in 1978 with Jackson, Ross, and Richard Pryor as cast members.
According to Contactmusic, the story is once again being used for a Broadway play, which will run at Manhattan’s City Center from 12 June to 3 July.
No actors have been cast as yet. (ANI)
- Ashanti to make her Broadway debut - Apr 30, 2009
- Diana Ross to sign off the custody of Michael Jackson's kids - Aug 01, 2012
- Legendary film director Sidney Lumet dies at 86 - Apr 10, 2011
- Sam Raimi to direct the 'Wizard of Oz' prequel - Oct 07, 2010
- James Franco to star in 'Wizard of Oz' prequel - Feb 26, 2011
- MJ's 'love child' surfaces - Jul 28, 2010
- Richard Pryor Biopic To Be Made - Jul 10, 2010
- MJ love child bid thrown out of court - Sep 08, 2010
- 'The Nutcracker' messes up a classic (IANS Movie Review) - Feb 19, 2011
- Robert Pattinson gets patch haircut - Jul 11, 2011
- Johnny Depp to cast a spell in 'Wizard of Oz' - Jan 21, 2011
- Sam Raimi To Direct Wizard Of Oz Prequel - Oct 07, 2010
- 'Khel Khel Mein' remake filming to start next year: Sanjay - May 24, 2012
- Star-Spangled Red Carpet Premiere Of The Last Airbender At PVR Cinemas - Jul 09, 2010
- Sam Raimi Will Direct 'Wizard Of Oz' Prequel For Disney - Oct 07, 2010
Tags: african american actors, broadway play, cast members, diana ross, jacko, king of pop, manhattan, michael jackson, musical film, pop michael jackson, richard pryor, roots, sidney lumet, whiz, wizard of oz, wonderful wizard of oz