Jackos lawyers give go-ahead to his personal propertys auctionMarch 14th, 2009 - 1:59 pm ICT by ANI
London, March 14 (ANI): Pop star Michael Jacksons lawyers have given the green light for an auction of the singers personal property, just weeks after they moved the court to stop the sale.
They sued Julien’’s Auction House earlier this month, claiming that it was not “entitled to retain possession of Michael Jackson’’s personal property”.
The company hit back with the claim that they had already taken Jacksons permission to go ahead with the auction, set for April 21.
However, papers filed in Los Angeles Superior Court on Wednesday allow the company to promote the auction until April 3, when the lawsuit is set for hearing.
“They”ve agreed for us to continue to promote the exhibit and auction,” the Daily Express quoted the auction houses founder, Darren Julien, as saying.
He expressed his hope that Jackson would honour the original contract, and let the auction take place as planned.
The sale will feature items from Jackson’’s personal collections, including his famous rhinestone gloves and the hands of Johnny Depp’’s movie character Edward Scissorhands, which the singer owned. (ANI)
- Jacko hit back by sued auction house - Mar 06, 2009
- Michael Jackson suing company trying to auction his belongings - Mar 05, 2009
- Jackson's 'deathbed' up for auction - Nov 10, 2011
- Snapper files suit over Michael Jackson book - Jun 02, 2010
- Tito Jackson to testify in auction case for pal - Oct 31, 2009
- Marilyn's 'Diamonds' dress goes to auction - May 19, 2010
- Is Johnny Depp going to play Michael Jackson in a movie? - Nov 17, 2011
- MJ's lawyer slams estate administrators for selling 'children's legacy' - Aug 28, 2010
- Marilyn Monroe's gown to go under hammer - May 04, 2010
- Michael Jackson's glove sold for $190,000 - Jun 29, 2010
- Scissorhands and Superman's costumes up for grabs - Dec 03, 2010
- Jackson's clothes fetch millions at auction - Dec 07, 2010
- Johnny Depp And Brandon Routh Costumes To Be Auctioned! - Dec 02, 2010
- Marilyn Monroe's Xrays & Michael Jackson's Glove Sold At Auction - Jun 29, 2010
- Jackson, Hollywood memorabilia fetches $1 mn in China - Oct 11, 2010
Tags: angeles superior court, auction house, auction houses, daily express, edward scissorhands, gloves, honour, jacksons lawyers, johnny depp, julien, london march, los angeles superior court, michael jackson, michael jacksons, personal collections, personal property, pop star, possession, singers