Jackos concert promoter fails to line up insurerMarch 15th, 2009 - 2:19 pm ICT by ANI
New York, Mar 15 (ANI): The promotion company behind Michael Jacksons concerts at Londons O2 arena is reportedly failing to line up an insurer to cover the seven-month run by the famously frail King of Pop.
According to the Daily Telegraph, promoter AEG Live has lined up insurance for the first 10 dates, but may be forced to self-insure the rest of the performances at the O2 arena between July and February.
Chief executive Randy Phillips said he isn”t worried.
“The insurance brokers sent doctors and they spend five hours with him, taking blood tests. He’’s a vegetarian, he’’s in great shape,” the New York Daily News quoted him, as saying.
“We would be prepared to self-insure to make up the dates. It’’s a risk we”re willing to take to bring the King of Pop to his fans,” he added. (ANI)
- Concert promoters termed MJ 'emotionally paralyzed mess' - Sep 03, 2012
- Jacko concert bosses hope to recover losses via $17.5M insurance cover - Jul 03, 2009
- Debt-ridden Michael Jackson 'feared working at McDonald's' - Feb 16, 2011
- Michael Jackson to earn $400m from comeback deal - Mar 07, 2009
- Jacko doing UK tour 'to build trust fund for his kids' - Jun 02, 2009
- Jacksons to take over London shows? - Jul 01, 2009
- Jacko's opening gigs delay 'not due to health' - May 22, 2009
- Jackos comeback tour in tickets row - Mar 14, 2009
- Jacko 'thrilled' to do 50 comeback gigs in London - Jun 06, 2009
- Michael Jackson to perform 50 shows at O2 - Mar 13, 2009
- Jackson family may front one-off London tribute gig - Jul 15, 2009
- Jacko renting Rod Stewarts mansion during comeback tour - Mar 11, 2009
- MJ's 'This Is It' comeback concert contract leaked online - Aug 21, 2009
- Plans for feature film of MJ's show rehearsals underway - Aug 06, 2009
- Joe Jackson files complaint against MJ's concert promoters - Jun 18, 2010
Tags: aeg live, blood tests, chief executive, concert promoter, concerts, daily telegraph, doctors, great shape, insurance, insurance brokers, insurer, king of pop, michael jacksons, new york daily news, promotion company, randy phillips, risk, seven month, taking blood, york daily news