‘Jacko set to undergo skin cancer surgery’May 21st, 2009 - 11:51 am ICT by ANI
London, May 21 (ANI): Michael Jackson will reportedly undergo surgery on his skin cancer to clear his flesh of potentially lethal growths.
The King of Pop had been reported having spots of the disease on his upper body and pre-cancerous cells on his face.
But his spokesman dismissed the claims, insisting the singer, who was due to perform his 150-million pound comeback shows in London beginning from July 8, is in “perfect health”.
And now, recent reports suggest the 50-year-old will have a painful skin-shaving operation to remove layers on his chest and nose.
The news comes just hours after it was announced that his first four concerts at the O2 arena had been postponed.
But organisers of the star’s 50 gigs denied any link between the two stumbling blocks.
“The date change has nothing to do with his health. The truth is the show has grown in scope and complexity and size,” the Sun quoted Randy Phillips, head of concert promoters AEG Live, as saying.
Meanwhile, the postponed shows have left fans fuming.
Sarah Ketterer, who booked two 100-pound seats for July 10, said: “Michael Jackson has let down thousands of fans.”
Telecoms analyst Ben Wood, said: “I’m incensed. I’m not interested any more.” (ANI)
- Jacko may need gruelling radiotherapy to fight skin cancer - May 22, 2009
- 'Terrified' Jacko caught leaving clinic with bag marked 'skin cancer' - May 23, 2009
- Concert promoters termed MJ 'emotionally paralyzed mess' - Sep 03, 2012
- Michael Jackson to undergo painful skin-shaving surgery - May 21, 2009
- Angry Jacko fans set up online petition to protest comeback delay - May 27, 2009
- Jacko's opening gigs delay 'not due to health' - May 22, 2009
- 'Jacko won't let skin cancer steal his O2 stage thunder' - May 16, 2009
- Jackson fights skin cancer battle? - May 16, 2009
- Michael Jackson battling skin cancer - May 16, 2009
- Joe Jackson files complaint against MJ's concert promoters - Jun 18, 2010
- Jacko concert bosses hope to recover losses via $17.5M insurance cover - Jul 03, 2009
- Jacko 'thrilled' to do 50 comeback gigs in London - Jun 06, 2009
- Jackson's latest trouble - May 16, 2009
- Jacko postpones opening gigs of London comeback tour - May 21, 2009
- Debt-ridden Michael Jackson 'feared working at McDonald's' - Feb 16, 2011
Tags: aeg, complexity, concert promoters, concerts, flesh, king of pop, london, michael jackson, painful skin, perfect health, phillips head, pound seats, pre cancerous cells, randy phillips, sarah ketterer, scope, skin cancer, skin cancer surgery, spokesman, truth