Jacko preparing a Moonwalk-beating dance move for O2 showsMay 13th, 2009 - 12:17 pm ICT by ANI
London, May 13 (ANI): Pop sensation Michael Jackson is trying his best to ensure that fans watching his O2 shows leave with the desperation to copy his dance moves, for he has hired world-famous choreographer Kenny Ortega to come up with a fresh move that will beat the singer’s signature Moonwalk.
Kenny has already worked with Jacko on his Dangerous and History world tours.
“To be invited to partner him again is a dream come true,” the Sun quoted him as saying.
“He is a creative mastermind and inspires every one of us to climb to new places and conquer new challenges.
“He is the most significant artist and entertainer of our generation,” he added.
The tabloid has also revealed that Jacko has hired Kenny to produce the 50 dates at the London venue is a massive coup.
The paper says that secret rehearsals are well under way in Burbank, California.
Jackson and Kenny will be joined by 10 dancers-eight men and two women-who were selected after an audition of 700 dancers in Los Angeles last week.
AEG’s Randy Phillips, a senior official at the firm which is staging Jackson’s shows, has given a few tantalising hints of what to expect.
He said: “The stage set, choreography, costumes, lighting, effects and overall production will be of the highest standard and are pushing state-of-the-art.”
He also revealed the budget was north of 13millionpounds, and would pay for 22 different stage backdrops. He said that there would be 18 to 22 songs on the setlist.
As regards Jackson’s Moonwalk-beating move, Phillips said: “He’s working on it, but I’m sworn to secrecy.” (ANI)
- MJ's mum sues concert promoter over son's death - Sep 16, 2010
- Concert promoters termed MJ 'emotionally paralyzed mess' - Sep 03, 2012
- Michael Jackson's "This Is It" in theatres Oct 30 - Aug 12, 2009
- Jacko often forgot to eat and had to be 'force fed' while preparing for O2 gigs - Jul 02, 2009
- Jacko's opening gigs delay 'not due to health' - May 22, 2009
- Jacko postpones opening gigs of London comeback tour - May 21, 2009
- Jacko concert bosses hope to recover losses via $17.5M insurance cover - Jul 03, 2009
- MJ's bro Jermaine to judge BBC's 'Move Like Jacko' - Oct 01, 2009
- ‘Thriller’ Ready To Make It Big Again - Nov 01, 2010
- 'Drugged, exhausted' MJ 'could barely walk' during This Is It rehearsals - Nov 01, 2009
- Debt-ridden Michael Jackson 'feared working at McDonald's' - Feb 16, 2011
- Advance booking for Jackson film to start Sunday - Sep 26, 2009
- Soon, Michael Jackson-based talent show - Aug 19, 2009
- Frail MJ needed to be spoon-fed meals - Aug 17, 2009
- MJ 'could have been saved' - Sep 12, 2010
Tags: aeg, burbank california, california jackson, choreography, creative mastermind, dance move, dancers, desperation, famous choreographer, history world, kenny ortega, lighting effects, london venue, o2, pop sensation, randy phillips, rehearsals, stage backdrops, stage set, two women