Jacko picks final 12 backing dancers for O2 gigsMay 19th, 2009 - 12:39 pm ICT by ANI
London, May 19 (ANI): American pop star Michael Jackson has finally selected the 12 dancers who would be backing him during his O2 arena gigs.
The backing dancers were picked after an X-Factor style competition to discover the most talented movers in the world.
As many as 500 potential candidates performed during the three days of intense auditions at the Nokia Theatre LA LIVE in Los Angeles.
Jackson, show director Kenny Ortega, and his dancer from the Dangerous and History tours Travis Payne were present throughout the auditions.
Those selected to perform alongside Jackson include US dancers Charles Kapow, Ricardo Reid, Tyne Stecklein, Misha Hamilton, Mekia Cox, Nicholas Bass, Danielle Rueda-Watts and Christopher Grant.
The selected candidates also include Timor Steffens from Germany, Australian dancer Shannon Holtzapffel, Daniel Celbre and Devin Jamieson from Canada.
“These are artists whose talent, dedication, skill and passion for performing with their idol is felt every hour of every day spent rehearsing,” the Sun quoted contributing choreographer Ortega as saying of those chosen.
“What is going to take place on that stage at The O2 arena in July will truly be inspiring,” he added. (ANI)
- Jacko wants Britain's Got Talent winners Diversity as dance partners for O2 gigs - Jun 01, 2009
- Bieber's online search for dancers - Aug 05, 2012
- "American Idol" Online Audition Begins This Season - Sep 17, 2010
- Jacko 'holds audition for tour dancers via video link' - May 02, 2009
- MJ's last words revealed - Nov 01, 2009
- BBC to air "Move Like Michael Jackson" - Oct 13, 2009
- Madonna selects the winner of Smirnoff Nightlife Exchange Project's Global Dance Search - Nov 14, 2011
- Advance booking for Jackson film to start Sunday - Sep 26, 2009
- MJ tops best dance moves survey - Jul 20, 2011
- "Live To Dance" Judges Set To Start A Hunt For New Dancing Sensations - Jan 05, 2011
- Jacko preparing a Moonwalk-beating dance move for O2 shows - May 13, 2009
- Paula Abdul Dance Show Premieres On CBS - Jan 05, 2011
- Jackson's final on-screen appearance tipped for posthumous Oscar - Aug 04, 2009
- Royal Ballet to perform at London's O2 Arena in June - Nov 26, 2010
- "Solid Gold" Dancers Leave Paula Abdul Sentimental - Jan 05, 2011
Tags: american pop, backing dancers, choreographer, dancer, danielle, devin, gigs, history tours, jamieson, kapow, kenny ortega, mekia cox, michael jackson, misha hamilton, pop star, rueda, steffens, travis payne, tyne stecklein, x factor