Jacko memorabilia auction given go-ahead by courtApril 4th, 2009 - 1:05 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, April 4 (ANI): Michael Jackson’s lawyer have failed to obtain a court order to stop the auction of his Neverland Ranch belongings, scheduled for April 22-25.
Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Brett Klein has given the green light to Julien’s Auction House of Los Angeles to sell Jackson memorabilia.
Jackson had signed a deal with the auction house last summer, and agreed to move everything out of his Neverland Ranch, make an inventory and catalogs for a total sale.
However, he tried to renege when he realised the enormity of what he had done a couple of months ago.
“We acted honourably. We want to give Michael the best experience with this auction,” Fox News quoted Darren Julien, who made the arrangements with Jackson and his manager Tohme R. Tohme, as saying.
While Jackson and Tohme did not attend the hearing, the singer’s father Joseph did come to court.
He was said to be in contact with the ‘Thriller’ star through his iPhone.
“The judge found that Michael Jackson’s position was totally without merit,” said Julien’s attorney Jerry Hawxhurst.
Items set for sale include the front gates to Neverland, art work by Macaulay Culkin, and a carousel horse given to Jackson by Elizabeth Taylor.
Jackson’s attorney says that he will still try to get an injunction to stop the sale. (ANI)
- Ex-manager files lawsuit against MJ's estate - Feb 18, 2012
- Michael Jackson's 'Thriller' jacket to be auctioned - Jun 26, 2011
- Auction firm wants to put Jackson memorabilia on sale again - Jul 01, 2009
- Michael Jackson auction cancelled - Apr 15, 2009
- Jacko's property's sale finally cancelled - Apr 15, 2009
- Jacko's manager wants to display star's personal memorabilia - Jul 06, 2009
- Jackson's 'deathbed' up for auction - Nov 10, 2011
- Jackos rep threatens harm from Nation of Islam over memorabilia auction - Mar 25, 2009
- Michael Jackson losing battle to halt auction - Apr 05, 2009
- MJ's former manager demands $2.3m from his estate - Nov 14, 2009
- Judge wants to review Michael Jackson medical records - Mar 23, 2011
- Michael Jackson to auction thousands of possessions - Dec 11, 2008
- Moscow to host Michael Jackson's photo exhibition - Nov 22, 2011
- Macaulay Culkin father of Jackson's youngest son? - Aug 31, 2009
- Jackson's estate sues memorabilia company - Jan 21, 2011
Tags: angeles superior court, april 4, art work, auction house, belongings, carousel horse, catalogs, elizabeth taylor, enormity, fox news, gates, injunction, iphone, los angeles superior court, macaulay culkin, memorabilia, michael jackson, neverland ranch, superior court judge, thriller