Jacko hit back by sued auction houseMarch 6th, 2009 - 12:32 pm ICT by ANI
London, March 6 (ANI): An auction company sued by King of Pop Michael Jackson has hit back at him, claiming that the singer had permitted it to sell his personal belongings.
Julien’’s Auction House was sued by Jackson in Los Angeles on March 4 over entitlement to retain possession of the latters personal property.
The company was planning to sell the gates to the Neverland Ranch in Santa Barbara, California, Jacksons famous rhinestone gloves and socks, and the hands of Johnny Depp’’s movie character Edward Scissorhands that the singer owned.
Lodging their complaint, Jacksons lawyers claimed that the auction house had repeatedly refused to return the items, which were due to be put up for sale on 22 April.
However, the company has now refuted the claims.
Darren Julien, the owner of the company, insists that Jackson was aware of the plans to put his belongings on the auction block.
“As you can imagine we”re quite shocked by it because we”ve been working very closely with Mr Jackson and his manager over the last eight months, the Daily Express quoted him as telling British TV show GMTV.
“We are an auction house - that’’s all we do - so if he didn”t want the items to be sold we don”t understand why we were given possession of them in the first place,” he added.
Julien is sure that the situation is just a mix-up between the two sides, and that it can be resolved.
“We are trying to sort this out but we are confident it’’s just a misunderstanding because, like I said, the last eight months we”ve worked closely with them on this whole project,” he said. (ANI)
- Michael Jackson suing company trying to auction his belongings - Mar 05, 2009
- Jackos lawyers give go-ahead to his personal propertys auction - Mar 14, 2009
- Jackson's 'deathbed' up for auction - Nov 10, 2011
- Jacko memorabilia auction given go-ahead by court - Apr 04, 2009
- Auction firm wants to put Jackson memorabilia on sale again - Jul 01, 2009
- Michael Jackson memorabilia up for grabs - Jun 27, 2009
- Tito Jackson to testify in auction case for pal - Oct 31, 2009
- Jacko's property's sale finally cancelled - Apr 15, 2009
- Michael Jackson's 'Thriller' jacket to be auctioned - Jun 26, 2011
- Michael Jackson losing battle to halt auction - Apr 05, 2009
- MJ's lawyer slams estate administrators for selling 'children's legacy' - Aug 28, 2010
- Jacko auctioning 2,000 items from Neverland ranch - Feb 17, 2009
- Marilyn Monroe's Xrays & Michael Jackson's Glove Sold At Auction - Jun 29, 2010
- Snapper files suit over Michael Jackson book - Jun 02, 2010
- MJ's kids want to 'buy back Neverland' - Oct 18, 2010
Tags: auction block, auction company, auction house, british tv, daily express, edward scissorhands, eight months, jacksons lawyers, johnny depp, king of pop, london march, michael jackson, misunderstanding, neverland ranch, personal belongings, personal property, pop michael jackson, possession, santa barbara california, socks