Jacko doing UK tour ‘to build trust fund for his kids’June 2nd, 2009 - 5:17 pm ICT by ANI
London, June 2 (ANI): Michael Jackson decided to step out for his London tour after a 13-year gap to set up a trust fund for his kids, according to the organiser of his forthcoming gigs.
The King of Pop, who last toured in 1996, was due to kick start his much-awaited 50-show run at the 20,000-capacity O2 Arena on July 8.
But the opening night of his This Is It tour was pushed to July 13, while three other gigs, previously slated for July 10, 12 and 14, will not be staged until March next year.
The delay sparked speculations, with some suggesting the singer is at the verge of financial ruin.
But Randy Phillips, president of promoters AEG Live, insisted Jackson’s three children, Prince, 12, Paris, 11 and Prince Michael Jackson II, also known as Blanket, six, are his muses for the comeback.
“When I asked him why he was doing this tour now, he said it was because his kids are old enough to appreciate it and he still felt young enough to do it,” the Daily Express quoted him Phillips as saying.
“He’s told me that whatever profit he makes from these shows will go into a trust fund for his children,” he added. (ANI)
- Concert promoters termed MJ 'emotionally paralyzed mess' - Sep 03, 2012
- Jacko's opening gigs delay 'not due to health' - May 22, 2009
- MJ's kids can't access trust funds until they turn 40 - Jun 01, 2010
- Debt-ridden Michael Jackson 'feared working at McDonald's' - Feb 16, 2011
- Jackson's children to attend school now - Aug 12, 2011
- Jacko postpones opening gigs of London comeback tour - May 21, 2009
- Michael Jackson's kids to get $33 million via trust funds - Jun 01, 2010
- MJ's kids have a chance to be normal, says Lionel Richie - Aug 30, 2010
- Jacksons to take over London shows? - Jul 01, 2009
- MJ leaves his kids more than $33m each in will - May 30, 2010
- MJ's mum asks relatives to vacate California mansion - Apr 28, 2010
- Kids Of Michael Jackson Interviewed By Oprah - Oct 13, 2010
- Michael Jackson's mom evicts her grandchildren out of her house - Apr 28, 2010
- Jackson's kids finally join school - Aug 29, 2010
- Michael Jackson wants disabled child for his shows - Jun 18, 2009
Tags: aeg live, daily express, financial ruin, forthcoming gigs, gap, king of pop, london tour, michael jackson, muses, paris 11, prince michael jackson, promoters, randy phillips, speculations, trust fund, verge