Jacko could have sold out London 02 Arena for 2yrsMarch 16th, 2009 - 6:50 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Mar 16 (ANI): London O2 Arena owners have revealed that Michael Jacksons comeback gig, which will take place in July, has gathered such an incredible response that the one-time pop king could have sold the venue for two years.
It has earlier been reported that the Michael mania has gained momentum, and more and more fans want to see his comeback gig.
Over a million fans bought tickets to the shows, with agents shifting an average of 33 seats per minute.
The AEG people, who convinced Michael to return to the limelight are, more than happy to see the reaction.
“We never thought ”50 shows” and frankly based on the queues on Ticketmaster, plus the 300,000 registrants we still haven”t issued codes to, we could spend two years here, Contactmusic quoted Randy Phillips, head of AEG, as saying.
“Mike (Michael Jackson) asked me how long he would be in the United Kingdom for and I told him, probably long enough to get a British passport. Michael’’s already pretty much put together a list of the dancers he wants. Michael’’s very engaged now, he added. (ANI)
- Jackson sells tickets for 50 concerts in four hours - Mar 14, 2009
- Concert promoters termed MJ 'emotionally paralyzed mess' - Sep 03, 2012
- Plans for feature film of MJ's show rehearsals underway - Aug 06, 2009
- Jacko postpones opening gigs of London comeback tour - May 21, 2009
- Jacksons to take over London shows? - Jul 01, 2009
- This is it - eBay to refund Jackson's concert tickets - Jun 28, 2009
- Jacko's opening gigs delay 'not due to health' - May 22, 2009
- Jackos comeback tour in tickets row - Mar 14, 2009
- Michael Jackson to earn $400m from comeback deal - Mar 07, 2009
- Debt-ridden Michael Jackson 'feared working at McDonald's' - Feb 16, 2011
- This is it: MJ fans can have money back or keep souvenir tickets - Jun 30, 2009
- 'Jacko set to undergo skin cancer surgery' - May 21, 2009
- Jacko doing UK tour 'to build trust fund for his kids' - Jun 02, 2009
- Jackson family may front one-off London tribute gig - Jul 15, 2009
- Jacko 'thrilled' to do 50 comeback gigs in London - Jun 06, 2009
Tags: aeg, british passport, dancers, gig, limelight, london 02 arena, london o2 arena, michael jackson, michael jacksons, momentum, o2, phillips head, queues, randy phillips, registrants, ticketmaster, united kingdom, venue