Jackman stabbed stuntwoman on ‘X-Men’ movie setsApril 19th, 2009 - 2:38 pm ICT by IANS
London, April 19 (IANS) Australian actor Hugh Jackman accidentally stabbed a stuntwoman in the arm while filming a fight scene for the first “X-Men” movie.
The Australian actor had to wear real metal talons while filming the 2000 comic book blockbuster and admits handling the prop was quite dangerous. Jackman recalls one incident which left Rebecca Romijn’s stunt double seriously hurt - forcing makers to rethink how to film the scenes involving the superhero’s famous claws.
“On the very first film we had real metal claws and the girl who was playing Mystique, Rebecca Romijn, her stunt double and I were doing a fight sequence in the Statue of Liberty. I went to stab her in the arm, which was part of the choreography, and she’s meant to move her arm away and she forgot and the thing went right into her arm, like an inch,” Contactmusic.com quoted him as saying.
“I was stunned. It was one of those things, it was so deep, there was a hole, there was no blood coming out and then like a minute later, it was like a geyser. I didn’t faint and I thought she was going to freak out, but she just said, ‘Yes! I have been stabbed by Wolverine!’ Typical stuntwoman,” he added.
Jackman admits that subsequent efforts to prevent him using real metal claws were not particularly successful and even involved him using a fake limb with one arm tucked behind his back. The prop was only used in one scene before it was discarded.
Jackman’s latest outing as the superhero, “X-Men Origins: Wolverine” hits cinemas May 1.
- Jackman accidentally stabs stuntwoman with metal claws during filming - Apr 20, 2009
- Hugh Jackman not giving up on his second 'Wolverine' movie - Mar 31, 2011
- Jackman voted sexiest sci-fi star - Sep 02, 2011
- 'Wolverine', 'Avatar' sequels 'put on hold' after Japan disaster - Mar 23, 2011
- 'The Wolverine' to go on floors in October: Jackman - Jul 01, 2011
- Hugh Jackman ordered to have 6,000 calorie diet for new movie - Feb 04, 2011
- Kevin Bacon to play villain in X-Men? - Jul 16, 2010
- Jackman was first choice to play Jack Sparrow - Dec 06, 2010
- Jackman all praises for new 'Wolverine' film - Oct 08, 2011
- Hugh Jackman 'eating 6,000 calories a day' for new 'Wolverine' film - Feb 04, 2011
- Kevin Bacon cast as the villain in 'X-Men' - Jul 19, 2010
- Real Steel Trailer Promises Some Great Robotic Action - Dec 10, 2010
- 'X-Men Origins...' well-packaged, entertaining action drama (IANS Movie Review - Rating: ***1/2 - Jun 19, 2009
- 'The Wolverine' to go on floors next year - Aug 27, 2011
- WWE Raw: Hugh Jackman Makes Match- Zigler vs Ryder - Sep 20, 2011
Tags: actor hugh jackman, australian actor, blockbuster, choreography, comic book, contactmusic, fight scene, fight sequence, freak, geyser, hugh jackman, may 1, mystique, rebecca romijn, stab, statue of liberty, superhero, talons, wolverine, x men