Jackie wants to kill me over Salma Hayek: Gulshan GroverNovember 24th, 2010 - 8:22 pm ICT by IANS
Panaji, Nov 24 (IANS) “Jackie Shroff wants to kill me over Salma Hayek,” quips the quintessential ‘bad man’ of Indian cinema Gulshan Grover who is playing the Mexican actress’ husband in “The Driver”.
Grover, who has acted in several Hollywood films in the recent past, told reporters while promoting his film at the 41st International Film Festival of India (IFFI) that Jackie had asked him to present a shawl on his behalf to vivacious Hayek.
“But when I asked him if I could drape the shawl over her shoulders, Jackie said he would kill me if I did that,” he said.
Grover, who is remembered for his role as a villain who keeps mouthing ‘Bad Man’ in a drawl in Subhash Ghai’s blockbuster “Ram Lakhan”, also said that more than a dozen of his male co-stars “wanted to kill him” after they learnt about his role against Hayek in Bill Duke’s film “The Driver”.
“Yes, I play Salma Hayek’s husband in the film by Bill Duke, who has earlier directed actors like Whoopie Goldberg. I am going to shoot for it in Los Angeles in March next year,” he said.
- Gulshan Grover cast opposite Salma Hayek in Hollywood movie - Oct 17, 2010
- Gulshan To Star Opposite Salma Hayek In 'The Driver' - Oct 19, 2010
- Gulshan Grover: Premature Info On 'The Driver' Upsets Director Bill Duke - Jan 14, 2011
- Film makers were miffed because Gulshan breached their trust - Jan 14, 2011
- Shabanaji is my mentor: Gulshan Grover - Jan 12, 2012
- Bollywood should also come to Goa for IFFI: Jackie - Nov 23, 2011
- Cinematographer Ashok Mehta cremated - Aug 17, 2012
- Jackie Shroff readying for new innings, shedding weight - Sep 07, 2011
- Manisha may bring Bollywood to Nepal - Nov 21, 2010
- 'Villains have vanished from Hindi cinema' - Jul 11, 2011
- Manisha Koirala denies divorce rumours - Nov 23, 2010
- I'm the only specialised villain left in Bollywood: Gulshan Grover - Jul 08, 2010
- Gulshan Grover wins best actor at NY fest - Aug 25, 2011
- Gulzar to translate Tagore poetry in Hindi for 'Nauka Dubi' - Nov 25, 2010
- Not length, strength of role matters: Jackie Shroff - Sep 02, 2012
Tags: bad man, bill duke, blockbuster, co stars, drawl, gulshan grover, hollywood films, iffi, indian cinema, international film festival, jackie shroff, mexican actress, panaji, ram lakhan, salma hayek, shawl, shoulders, Subhash Ghai, villain, whoopie goldberg