Jackie Chan’s next film Shinjuku IncidentMarch 9th, 2009 - 1:12 pm ICT by Amrit Rashmisrisethi
Jackie Chan was recently spotted at the filming of the Hollywood comedy ‘The Spy Next Door. Chan’s latest movie release will be the gangster thriller ‘Shinjuku Incident,’ which is scheduled to be released in Hong Kong, Singapore and Malaysia on April 2 and in Japan on May 1.
Jackie Chan said he started shooting his new movie in southwestern China, and also Chinese media have described it as a historical epic about a friendship between two soldiers.
The 54-year-old action star discussed on his web site blog on Monday that he was currently filming in the Yuanmou Earth Forest, a Grand Canyon-like tourist attraction in Yunnan province.
Chan said the film is called ‘Dabing Xiaojiang’ in Chinese, which translates into ‘Big Soldier, Small General,’ but did not give further details. An earlier report by Chinese news website Sina.com described it as a historical epic about the friendship between two soldiers set in China’s ancient Qin dynasty.
Chan said the movie, directed by Chinese filmmaker Ding Cheng, also stars Chinese-American pop star Leehom Wang and South Korean actor Yoo Seung-jun.
- Jackie Chan to star in period road movie - Nov 05, 2008
- Tokyo film festival opens - Oct 23, 2011
- Jackie Chan in internet death hoax - Mar 30, 2011
- Jackie Chan's 100th movie '1911' gets Sept. 26 release - Mar 19, 2011
- Things you should know about 'RA.One' - Oct 24, 2011
- Jackie Chan death hoax rumor starts on the social networking sites - Aug 17, 2011
- Jackie Chan, The Newest Victim Of Internet Rumors! - Jul 18, 2010
- Rumours of Jackie Chan's death set Twitterverse ablaze - Mar 30, 2011
- SRK ropes in Tom Wu for 'Ra.One' - Jul 21, 2010
- Chinese-American Actor Tom Wu In SRK's Ra One - Jul 22, 2010
- First Beijing international film festival begins - Apr 24, 2011
- Kolkata celebrates Chinese New Year - Jan 21, 2012
- Chan to move away from action films - May 20, 2012
- Jackie Chans new film is too violent for release in China, says director - Feb 17, 2009
- Film fest celebrating Indo-China relations begins - May 18, 2010
Tags: action star, american pop, chinese american, chinese media, chinese news, earth forest, hollywood comedy, hong kong singapore, jackie chan, korean actor, leehom wang, movie release, pop star, qin dynasty, shinjuku incident, south korean, southwestern china, tourist attraction, two soldiers, yunnan province