Jackie Chan plans China earthquake movie

May 24th, 2008 - 12:54 pm ICT by admin  

Washington, May 24 (ANI): Jackie Chan is planning to make a film on the recent earthquake in China that has left more than 55,000 people dead and more than 5 million homeless.

The 54-year-old was abroad when he heard about the devastating 7.9-magnitude earthquake.

He immediately returned and now also plans to plans to raise money through benefits for the victims.

“There are so many touching stories. Through this movie, we will be able to show the whole world what happened. This will also be another way to raise money,” he told People magazine.

“Events for us are easy. I can spend six years doing a movie, but I can plan an event in 72 hours. An event we’re doing on June 1 in Hong Kong will include more than 100 artists from Asia.

“I want to do whatever I can to help,” he added.

The martial arts experts revealed that he had already donated 1.4 million dollars to the victims, and was full of praise of the international community that had leapt in with help.

“One thing that really touched me was the help offered from the whole world. From Britain, Korea everyone was there to help,” he said.

Till now, American and international donations to the earthquake zone have reached 3.6 billion dollars. (ANI)

Related Stories

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Posted in Entertainment |

Subscribe