Jackie Chan plans China earthquake movieMay 24th, 2008 - 12:54 pm ICT by admin
Washington, May 24 (ANI): Jackie Chan is planning to make a film on the recent earthquake in China that has left more than 55,000 people dead and more than 5 million homeless.
The 54-year-old was abroad when he heard about the devastating 7.9-magnitude earthquake.
He immediately returned and now also plans to plans to raise money through benefits for the victims.
“There are so many touching stories. Through this movie, we will be able to show the whole world what happened. This will also be another way to raise money,” he told People magazine.
“Events for us are easy. I can spend six years doing a movie, but I can plan an event in 72 hours. An event we’re doing on June 1 in Hong Kong will include more than 100 artists from Asia.
“I want to do whatever I can to help,” he added.
The martial arts experts revealed that he had already donated 1.4 million dollars to the victims, and was full of praise of the international community that had leapt in with help.
“One thing that really touched me was the help offered from the whole world. From Britain, Korea everyone was there to help,” he said.
Till now, American and international donations to the earthquake zone have reached 3.6 billion dollars. (ANI)
- Jackie Chan, The Newest Victim Of Internet Rumors! - Jul 18, 2010
- Hardy to drive across Siberia for charity - Feb 29, 2012
- Jackie Chan death hoax rumor starts on the social networking sites - Aug 17, 2011
- Jackie Chan in earthquake charity concert - Apr 28, 2010
- Jackie Chan in internet death hoax - Mar 30, 2011
- Lady Gaga raises $1.5m for Japan - Mar 26, 2011
- Jackie Chan plans his own museum - Nov 08, 2010
- Jackie Chan dropped bouncer dreams after scuffle - Nov 10, 2010
- Jaden Smith wants to perfect his martial art skills - Jun 23, 2010
- Gwen Stefani donates $1m to relief effort in Japan - Mar 25, 2011
- Chan to move away from action films - May 20, 2012
- Gaga's wristband raises $250,000 for Japan victims - Mar 16, 2011
- Jackie Chan plans musical on life - Jan 11, 2010
- Park Chan-wook makes a movie with iPhone 4 - Jan 11, 2011
- Jackie Chan plans musical on life - Jan 09, 2010
Tags: 5 million, asia, billion dollars, china earthquake, earthquake in china, earthquake zone, homeless, hong kong, international donations, jackie chan, korea, magnitude earthquake, martial arts experts, may 24, million dollars, money, people magazine, recent earthquake, six years, touching stories