Jack Hanna Fends Off A Grizzly Bear By Utilizing Pepper SprayJuly 28th, 2010 - 7:33 pm ICT by Pen Men At Work
July 28, 2010 (Pen Men at Work): 63-year-old Jack Hanna happens to be an American animal specialist, who has attained the status of a celebrity. Hanna presently functions as the director emeritus of the Columbus Zoo and Aquarium. Hanna, purportedly, was compelled to fend off a grizzly bear cub on Saturday at the Glacier National Park.
Hanna was coming back from a five-mile hike with his wife on Saturday. That was the moment when Hanna, his wife and three additional climbers bumped into a motherly grizzly bear and her two cubs.
Hanna has mentioned to the Columbus Dispatch that that they were trudging along a constricted path. The path had a rock face on one part and a sharp cliff drop-off on the other part. Hanna asserted that they initially deemed that it was advisable to allow the grizzly bears to walk away untouched. Nonetheless, the path was inserted into the rock and was too constricted.
Zookeeper Hanna divulged that they then furtively endeavored to dodge the bears. Nevertheless, a huge cub ran towards the group. The cub must have been of the weight of 125 pounds. Hanna remarked that he then employed pepper spray as a weapon to frighten the cub. The pepper was squirted on the face of the cub, which made the cub move back. Hanna, who is an expert climber, had brought pepper spray with him on hikes for 15 years. Nonetheless, he did not have to utilize it until Saturday.
Hanna had only just come into view in a public service commercial for the National Park Service. In it, he counseled that the climbers must have pepper spray.
- Jack Hanna Fights Off Grizzly Bear With Pepper Spray - Jul 28, 2010
- TV presenter Jack Hanna wards off a grizzly bear with pepper spray - Jul 28, 2010
- Yellowstone National Park officials hunt for a killer grizzly bear - Jul 07, 2011
- Premiere Of The Infamous Orphaned Grizzlies Takes Place At A Zoo In Montana - Dec 21, 2010
- California cops on leave after pepper-spraying sparks outrage - Nov 21, 2011
- Smiling owl caught on camera in Washington Olympic National Park - Mar 01, 2012
- Yellowstone National Park officials confirm grizzly attack death - Aug 30, 2011
- Bear shot dead after it mauls 70-year-old man - Jun 20, 2010
- Scientists Warn Of Hungry Bears At Yellowstone - Aug 23, 2010
- Sarah Palin encounters brown bear on fishing trip - Jul 29, 2010
- Tigress gives birth to one cub - Nov 21, 2011
- Thousands protest pepper spray at California campus - Nov 22, 2011
- Another tiger cub dies in Bihar - Sep 03, 2012
- Eight mountaineers die in Japan - May 05, 2012
- Sarah Palin talks about 'mama bear' love on new show - Oct 20, 2010
Tags: american animal, climbers, columbus dispatch, columbus zoo, columbus zoo and aquarium, director emeritus, divulged, expert climber, glacier national park, grizzly bear, grizzly bear cub, grizzly bears, jack hanna, men at work, mile hike, national park service, pen men, pepper spray, rock face, sharp cliff