Jack Beers’ Life Inspires A DocumentaryDecember 16th, 2009 - 9:05 pm ICT by GD
By Ranjan Bhaduri
Dec.16, (THAINDIAN NEWS) It is not very commonplace to find a man who is strong and can perform feats like youngsters at the ripe age of 94. Jack Beers, earlier known as the strongest boy of New York City, inspired David Wachs to make a documentary on his life. Later in his life Jack Beers trained dogs and also did small roles in Ghost Busters and tootsie. The documentary shows Jack Beers ripping a phone book and navigating GPS at 94 years of age. The film is named ‘Holes in My Shoes’. Jack Beers was so strong even at 94 that he did not require any retakes for ripping the telephone book and he did not need any instrument either. It was shown on PBS on Tuesday.
Jack Beers was a resident of Greenwich and there he spent more than four decades of his life. He passed away at 99. The documentary movie made on his life won top honors at Connecticut Film Festival. He acted in minuscule roles in 200 movies. David Wachs came across Jack Beers for the first time in the 1980s at the New York University. At that time, Jack Beers was 74 years old and after meeting him and knowing about his life, David Wachs was determined to make a documentary on his life in future.
Till the end of his life Jack Beers was very independent minded. He used to do laundry for himself and kept the lawn clean. Even for cleaning the household and cooking he did not require anyone’s assistance. He was not into smoking and drinking at all.
- PBS to air documentary about Clinton Lewinsky affair - Feb 15, 2012
- Yoko Ono Does Not Want John Lennon's Killer Mark David Chapman On Parole - Aug 08, 2010
- Actor Johnny Depp pays a surprise visit to a school in pirate gear - Oct 08, 2010
- Documentary "David Suchet On The Orient Express" Airs On PBS - Jul 08, 2010
- 'Spousonomics' says economics is key to keeping marriage strong - Mar 10, 2011
- 62nd Annual Primetime Emmy Awards: Nominees & Winners - Aug 30, 2010
- Yoko Lennon Opposed To Parole For Killer - Aug 08, 2010
- Fantastic bard of Benaras: A filmmaker remembers Bismillah Khan - Oct 07, 2011
- Dustin Hoffman 'is too much of a wimp to play 'Tootsie' like woman again' - Oct 02, 2010
- 'The Greely Expedition' Shown On PBS - Feb 01, 2011
- Bill Clinton documentary to be aired on PBS - Feb 20, 2012
- Sandler best amongst worst: Gets 11 Razzies nominations - Feb 26, 2012
- Sandler worse amongst worst: Gets 11 Razzies nominations (Lead) - Feb 26, 2012
- Kelly missing her assistant - Jun 02, 2011
- Einstein starved his wife of sex? - Apr 30, 2012
Tags: 1980s, beers, feats, film festival, ghost busters, greenwich, holes in my shoes, more than four decades, new york university, pbs, phone book, ranjan, ripe age, strongest boy, telephone book, time jack, tootsie, trained dogs, wachs, youngsters