I’ve never dreamt of winning these awards: RahmanFebruary 1st, 2010 - 12:52 pm ICT by IANS
Los Angeles, Feb 1 (IANS) Indian music maestro A.R. Rahman, who won two awards at the 52nd Annual Grammy Awards ceremony here, says he never dreamt of winning honours of this stature.
“Insane eh? I never even dreamt about winning all these awards,” Rahman posted on his Twitter page after receiving the award.
He was honoured for his compositions in Danny Boyle’s fairytale drama “Slumdog Millionaire” - he won for the best compilation soundtrack for a motion picture and the best motion picture song for “Jai ho”, which he shares with lyricist Gulzar and Tanvi Shah.
The composition in the film has won Rahman the most prestigious international awards including two Oscars, the British Academy of Film and Television Arts (BAFTA), Critics Choice Award and the Golden Globe.
The singer-composer has thanked a string of people through the micro-blogging site.
“I once again want to thank the Almighty, my spiritual Sufi teachers - Ameen Peerullah Malik Sahib, Danny Boyle, Fox, the whole ‘Slumdog…’ creative team, all the awesome actors in the movie and Resul Pookutty. My whole team, Gulzarji, Sukhvinder Singh, Tanvi Shah, Vijay Prakash, my friend and sound engineer the late H. Sridhar….
“My agents Sam Schwartz and Amos Newman, my mentors Mani Ratnam, Shekhar Kapur and Subhash Ghai, and mentor in the west, Andrew Lloyd Webber, folks at id-PR, Allison and Courtney… extraordinary musicians from Chennai and Mumbai, my mother, my father, my sisters and my lovely wife and children… And all my well wishers from the world who keep me going… Jai ho India!” he posted.
Rahman started his career with director Mani Ratnam’s 1992 Tamil film “Roja” and has never looked back since.
- Rahman, Gulzar, Tanvi share Grammy for 'Jai ho' - Feb 01, 2010
- 'Jai ho' fetches a bouquet of global awards for Rahman - Feb 01, 2010
- A. R Rahman bags two Grammy awards - Feb 01, 2010
- A.R. Rahman sweeps the Grammy Awards - Feb 02, 2010
- Golden boy Rahman does it again with double Grammy (Lead) - Feb 01, 2010
- Golden boy Rahman makes India proud with double Grammys (Roundup) - Feb 01, 2010
- A.R. Rahman gets two Grammy nominations for 'Slumdog...' - Dec 03, 2009
- AR Rahman on winning two Grammys: "This is insane" - Feb 01, 2010
- Rahman hopes 'DAM 999' brings back Oscar - Dec 21, 2011
- Rahman got one Oscar and then the other one was a bonus: Gulzar - Mar 02, 2011
- AR Rahman wins 2 Grammy's at the Grammy Awards 2010 - Feb 01, 2010
- No action against Ismail Darbar: Oscar panel - Jun 10, 2011
- 'Jai ho' Rahman at Golden Globe nominations again (Lead) - Dec 14, 2010
- Amjad Ali Khan, Zakir Hussain fail to win Grammy - Feb 01, 2010
- Rahman loses out on Globe Globe (Lead) - Jan 17, 2011
Tags: andrew lloyd webber, annual grammy awards, british academy, creative team, critics choice award, danny boyle, director mani ratnam, golden globe, grammy awards, grammy awards ceremony, gulzar, music maestro, prestigious international awards, resul, sam schwartz, shekhar kapur, sound engineer, Subhash Ghai, television arts, well wishers