I’ve bought my own place for naughty activities: Aditya NarayanDecember 5th, 2008 - 10:34 am ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Dec 5 (IANS) He is just 21 and ready to spread his wings. Aditya Narayan, the son of popular playback singer Udit Narayan, says he has bought a house in Lokhandwala for “naughty and creative activities”.”I haven’t moved out of my parents’ home. I never will, but I have bought my own place in Lokhandwala for naughty and creative activities. I’ve my own private gym and a studio attached to my new home where my musical partner, Divya Kumar, and I jam, compose songs and play music.”
Talking about the naughty activities, he said: “They aren’t as naughty as they’re made out to be. I’m a normal, healthy, young guy with normal appetites. And with a bachelor’s pad of my own now. So I do have my share of female company. But rumours linking me with ‘Sa Re Ga Ma Pa’ contestant Mouli Dave, then Sunidhi Chauhan and Meghna Naidu were way out of line. The rumours about Mouli made us both so self-conscious that we stopped interacting.”
Aditya has signed Vikram Bhatt’s “Shapit”, which literally means cursed, as an actor. The film will see Aditya as a cursed guy who turns into a blood sucking vampire.
He says he will be singing all his songs in his debut film.
“I will sing my own songs in ‘Shapit’, though I won’t compose them. I’d love to compose not just for my own starrers like Himesh Reshammiya, but for outside producers. See, today the music scene has changed. It’s no longer tightly hierarchy-based as it used to be during my father’s time. Today we’ve young filmmakers who are open to any kind of ideas and ready to listen to you. So it’s pretty cool,” he said.
He is all set to say goodbye to his longish career as the “Sa Re Ga Ma Pa” anchor.
“It was educational. It was a learning experience. I like to learn on the job. And ‘Sa Re Ga Ma Pa’ taught me a lot. I did 150 episodes, met hugely talented musicians like Asha Bhosle, enjoyed myself thoroughly. But now I’ve to move on to a career in acting and singing.”
Aditya has played important parts as a child in Subhash Ghai’s “Pardes” and the Salman Khan starrer “Jab Pyaar Kisise Hota Hai”. In fact, Subhash Ghai was so impressed by Aditya he had promised to launch him as a leading man.
“I don’t know about that. I’d be happy to work with Subhashji as an actor or leading man any time. For now I’m happy to be making my debut as a leading man with Vikram Bhatt’s ‘Shapit’. It is an unusual launch. But, then, audiences want the unusual, don’t they? Look at the kind of films that are doing well, like ‘Rock On’ and ‘1920′.”
A few years ago Aditya was going to be launched by none other than Sanjay Leela Bhansali in a contemporary take on the Sachin starrer “Balika Badhu”.
“What is bound to happen is bound to happen. At 21, I think I’ve a good 45 years to try my hand at acting and music. And I hope to be here for a long time.”
Aditya has, in fact, composed songs for his father Udit Narayan. “Yes, I plan to record his songs as soon as he gets time. I’ve the tunes ready.”
- Aditya Narayan croons four songs in debut film 'Shapit' - Feb 23, 2010
- 'Sa Re Ga Ma Pa 2012' returns with new twists - Sep 12, 2012
- Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Singing Superstars: Kamal Khan From Patiala Declared The Winner - Dec 27, 2010
- Sonu hopes for 'my' time in coming year (July 30 is Sonu Nigam's birthday) - Jul 29, 2011
- Aditya Is Back To Sa Re Ga Ma Pa, Daler Mehndi To Judge - May 28, 2010
- Raja Pandit finally composes independently for 'Jeet lengey Jahaan' (With Image) - Jan 05, 2012
- Ghulam Ali to perform at 'Sa Re Ga..' finale - Dec 24, 2010
- Hrithik shoots despite high fever (Movie Snippets) - Nov 10, 2010
- Kamal Khan wins 'Sa Re Ga Ma Pa' - Dec 26, 2010
- 'X-Factor' is beyond the mediocracy of talent shows: Sonu Nigam - Feb 23, 2011
- Child Actors Who Have Made It Big! - Jun 07, 2010
- Aamir prepares for Toronto film fest (Movie Snippets) - Sep 07, 2010
- Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Finalists Keep Themselves Open To Plan B! - Dec 24, 2010
- Here comes '7 Notes to Infinity', film on Indian classical music - Jun 08, 2012
- New Indo-Pak music show shoot shifted to Dubai - Jan 23, 2012