‘I’ve been thrown to the lions’ by footballer gagging order: Imogen ThomasApril 28th, 2011 - 2:18 pm ICT by ANI
The former Miss Wales further added that she had no intention of spilling the beans about her six months’ relationship with the married footballer.
Speaking on ITV’s This Morning’s, Thomas said that it was unjust that the player’s name had been protected while she had been subsequently named and shamed.
“I had no intention of speaking about the man,” she said. “I just wish that my name was protected,” the Telegraph quoted her as saying.
The distraught former Big Brother contestant said she did not have as much money as the wealthy sportsman to get an injunction.
“I didn’t have 50,000 pounds to get an injunction. Now I feel as if I have been thrown to the lions and (told to) deal with it, I can’t deal with it,” Thomas added.
Thomas said, the first time she found out that news of their alleged relationship had leaked to the press was when reporters came to her door.
“As foolish as this sounds, I honestly didn’t think this would get out into the public domain and I always said I had no intention of selling the story,” the 28-year old said.
The footballer had proactively gained an injunction at a private hearing before Mr Justice Eady at the High Court earlier this month. (ANI)
- Tory MP blurts out Imogen Thomas' Premier League star's name on show - Apr 25, 2011
- Imogen Thomas clears her name - Dec 15, 2011
- 'Big Brother's' Imogen Thomas feels betrayed by married soccer star - Apr 18, 2011
- Latest cheating footballer makes Rooney 'look like a saint': Nadine Ferguson - Apr 16, 2011
- Jason Gardiner: 'I could be fired from DOI' - Feb 08, 2011
- Premier League footballer wins gagging order on affair with topless model - Apr 15, 2011
- Imogen Thomas 'calls police over Twitter threats' - May 26, 2011
- Rihanna gets a £15,000 haircut - Mar 01, 2012
- Wedding just happened: Reid - Aug 28, 2011
- Janet Jackson opens up about her relationship with father Joe - Feb 17, 2011
- Stay Hungry. Stay Foolish: Steve Jobs' speech at Stanford - Oct 06, 2011
- Distance makes heart grow fonder - does it? (Feature) - May 08, 2012
- Secret married soccer player wanted to dump wife for Imogen Thomas - Apr 27, 2011
- Shakira, Pique, a happy couple - Apr 17, 2011
- I didn't have a childhood: Katy Perry - May 04, 2011
Tags: alleged relationship, big brother contestant, eady, gagging order, injunction, intention, itv, lions, mr justice, much money, public domain, six months, spilling the beans, sportsman, telegraph, wales