I’ve been drug free for 7 weeks: DohertyNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:11 am ICT by admin
The Babyshambles frontman also told BBC Radio 4’s Front Row programme he has been reconciled with his estranged father after three years apart.
He is now living in Wiltshire after spending time in a rehab centre there.
“In the last eight years, I’ve never been that long without drugs. I’m not going to lie and say it’s not a struggle, because it is. But in a way, I’m quite proud to be able to admit it, particularly for my mum and dad,” the BBC quoted him as telling Radio 4’s Front Row programme’s presenter John Wilson.
“I’m quietly confident, but there’s an underdog feeling about it still. These last few months have been a turning point,” he added.
The 28-year-old singer faces sentencing for drug and motoring offences later this month. He has already admitted to driving illegally in May while in possession of crack cocaine, heroin, ketamine and cannabis.
The hearing at West London Magistrates’ Court was delayed to 26 October, so that the singer could complete his six weeks of treatment at Clouds House, East Knoyle.
Doherty’s treatment included family therapy, which helped him reunite with his father, Army officer Peter.
“My dad has welcomed me back into the fold. I can actually go home, I can actually talk to him. He came in for some family therapy, which is a miracle in itself. It was an emotional time, to be honest,” he said.
Doherty also revealed that as part of his treatment, he was allowed to play the guitar twice a week. (ANI)
- Pete Doherty haunted by Amy Winehouse's ghost - Nov 15, 2011
- Pete Doherty denies cocaine charge - Feb 03, 2011
- Pete Doherty arrested second time in a week - Jun 12, 2009
- Pete Doherty to star as boozy French poet in new movie - Dec 16, 2010
- When Pete Doherty's heart stopped - Nov 25, 2009
- Pete Doherty 'arrested for drug possession' - Dec 22, 2009
- Doherty in rehab, again - Jun 27, 2012
- Tyler landed 'American Idol' job because of Dioguardi - Apr 28, 2011
- Pete Doherty desperate for reconciliation with dad - Mar 05, 2009
- Robbie Williams too 'selfish' to be a dad in the near future - Oct 11, 2010
- Pete Dohertys New Year resolution to give up drugs - Jan 01, 2009
- Chavez returns to Cuba for cancer treatment - Apr 09, 2012
- Desperate Doherty Pines for Dad - Mar 03, 2009
- Doherty says his country mansion haunted by hellraising ghosts - Feb 06, 2009
- Chavez to return to Venezuela this week - Apr 24, 2012
Tags: 26 october, army officer, babyshambles, bbc radio 4, crack cocaine, doherty, drugs, emotional time, included family, john wilson, ketamine, london magistrates court, motoring offences, mum and dad, play the guitar, rehab centre, told bbc radio, underdog, wiltshire