I’ve always aimed for commercial success: Dibakar (Movie Snippets)April 14th, 2012 - 1:56 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, April 14 (IANS) Director Dibakar Banerjee’s films have a different flavour and earn critical acclaim. But he says he always aims for commercial success.
“Right from my first film, I have tried to enter into commercial space,” the 42-year-old, who has made movies like “Khosla Ka Ghosla”, “Oye Lucky! Lucky Oye!” and “Love, Sex aur Dhokha”, said here.
“I have tried to make all my films profitable and believe me, I don’t do anything besides making films. So, all the money I earn comes from my films. So, I better be a commercial filmmaker and that’s the case since ‘Khosla ka Ghosla’,” he added.
Dibakar’s next project “Shanghai” is set for release June 8. It features Emraan Hashmi, Abhay Deol and Kalki Koechlin in key roles.
Priyanka wants to slap cousin Parineeti
Actress Priyanka Chopra says her cousin actress Parineeti Chopra deserves a slap for saying that she finds it awkward to stand next to a fit and sexy Priyanka.
“She needs a slap. I will throw her into the gym right now. I never heard her say something like that, but she is someone who is effervesent, energetic and beautiful. I guess it runs in the family,” said Priyanka.
Parineeti lost oodles of weight for her debut film “Ladies Vs Ricky Bahl”.
Her next, “Ishaqzaade” will hit theatres May 18. It features Boney Kapoor’s son Arjun as her co-star.
Asking questions better than answering them: Ayushmann Khurrana
Veejay-turned-actor Ayushmann Khurrana, who has been busy promoting his debut Bollywood movie “Vicky Donor”, says asking questions as an anchor was a far more comfortable experience than being on the other side of the microphone.
“Asking questions is still easy. I have been there and done that, but this is a new territory and a new zone. I am still learning,” said the 27-year-old.
“I think I was used to asking questions, introducing people. That is by far more comfortable. I think you need to be more intelligent than that when you answer questions,” added Ayushmann, who has been interacting a lot with journalists across the country to spread a word about his movie.
“Vicky Donor” is a film about sperm donation. It marks actor John Abraham’s debut as a producer and is set for release April 20. It also features Yami Gautam and Annu Kapoor.
- Now a film based on Osho's ideology (Movie Snippets) - Mar 26, 2012
- Ayushmann in talks for 'Tere Bin Laden' sequel - May 29, 2012
- Unconventional films are a safe bet: VJ Ayushmann - Mar 14, 2012
- Good job Ayushmann, says Mini Mathur (Movie snippets) - Apr 29, 2012
- Ayushmann won't assist Sircar in 'Jaffna' - Aug 19, 2012
- 'Sperm donation common, people keep mum' - Mar 25, 2012
- Censor board becoming more liberal: Director Dibakar Banerjee - Aug 03, 2012
- TV actor Manish Paul turns con man for debut movie - Jul 20, 2012
- Success lies in making the youth happy: John Abraham - Jul 27, 2012
- Priyanka urges people to watch cousin's 'Ishaqzaade' - Apr 08, 2012
- Post 'Vicky Donor', Ayushmann to focus more on movies - Jun 24, 2012
- Ayushmann turns composer, singer for 'Vicky Donor' - Mar 23, 2012
- Parineeti in Priyanka's footsteps, only for 'Fashion' - May 19, 2012
- John my god-brother in Bollywood: Ayushmann Khurrana - Apr 17, 2012
- I'm doing Telugu version of 'Vicky Donor': Madhura Sreedhar - Sep 13, 2012
Tags: abhay deol, actress priyanka, april 14, banerjee, co star, commercial space, commercial success, critical acclaim, debut film, emraan hashmi, filmmaker, flavour, koechlin, new territory, new zone, priyanka chopra, snippets, son arjun, veejay, vicky