I’ve acted childish since split: David ArquetteApril 19th, 2011 - 2:31 am ICT by IANS
London, April 19 (IANS) Actor David Arquette admits he acted in a “childish” way after his split from his wife Courteney Cox.
“I went through a really hard time, and my way of dealing with it was just to blow it all up. I did act childish, but at the same time I had to - I was really hurt. It was hard for me to deal with this, but what I had to do ultimately was step back and take a look at myself,” contactmusic.com quoted him as saying.
David, 39, has been sober for over 100 days and is addressing his issues, in a bid to get his marriage back on track.
“I’m really getting in touch with my feelings, and trying to process them in a more appropriate way. It’s easy to numb them, but it’s more fulfilling to feel them. I don’t have a desire to drink,” he said.
“My big deal is me starting to look at who I really am. I was living up to ideals that weren’t necessarily who I am. What am I good with? What makes sense for me? Where’s my true voice? I’m still learning.”
- Arquette thought Cox was cheating on him - Feb 25, 2011
- David Arquette sick of talking about his marriage problems with Courtney Cox - Apr 19, 2011
- Regret going public about marital problems: Arquette - Oct 14, 2010
- Courteney Cox spills beans on marriage break-up - Apr 15, 2011
- Cox ready to move on after marriage split - Feb 10, 2012
- Courteney Cox gushes over David Arquette: 'He's so cute!' - Mar 26, 2011
- David Arquette apologizes for going public about his crumbling marriage - Oct 14, 2010
- After rehab, David Arquette turns to self-help books - Mar 25, 2011
- Courteney Cox's daughter 'shows sign of acting' - Dec 29, 2011
- Too soon to date: David Arquette - Mar 22, 2012
- David Arquette checks himself into rehab - Jan 03, 2011
- Courteney Cox defends ex David Arquette - Mar 16, 2011
- Split has made us better parents: Courteney Cox - Mar 21, 2012
- I thought Courteney Cox was cheating on me, says David Arquette - Feb 25, 2011
- Cox still feels strongly for Arquette - Mar 16, 2011