I’ve a hero in ‘Jail’ unlike in ‘Fashion’: Mughda GodseMarch 19th, 2009 - 5:47 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 19(IANS) Model-turned-actress Mughda Godse is excited about working on her second film - Madhur Bhandarkar’s “Jail” opposite Neil Nitin Mukesh - and says she is happy that she has a “hero” opposite her unlike her co-star in her debut film “Fashion”.
“Working in ‘Jail’ is like working with a family, I don’t feel like I am doing a second film. Almost everyone in the crew is the same as in ‘Fashion’ except my co-star Neil Nitin Mukesh. This time, I have a hero opposite me unlike what I had in my first film,” Mughda told IANS.
In “Fashion”, the actress played the role of an unsuccessful model who gets married to a gay designer, essayed by actor Samir Soni. However, in the prison drama “Jail”, she is set to play a “de-glamorised role” as the love interest of the protagonist.
About her camaraderie with co-star Neil, she said: “Neil is a talented and a very nice guy. We have started shooting just a week ago. So I have to still know him.”
Mughda was the celebrity showstopper for fashion brand Satya Paul on the opening day of the Wills Lifestyle India Fashion Week (WIFW) here Wednesday.
Though she had failed to be a showstopper of repute in “Fashion”, she felt “really special” to walk the ramp as a celebrity here.
“Every model, I feel, is a showstopper. They create a show. But as a celebrity showstopper, one gets a little more attention and the show gets more drama. It feels great to have been the special guest here,” said Mughda.
Though she has walked the WIFW ramp before as a regular model, it was for the first time that Mughda sashayed across the ramp after “Fashion”.
“This is the first time after shooting for ‘Fashion’ that I am walking the ramp. I wasn’t nervous at all. In fact, I was very excited to be back on the ramp,” she said.
She walked confidently and with panache wearing a multi-coloured sari with a bejeweled blouse - all with a lot of bling - and said that she was feeling “really good”.
Apart from “Jail”, Mughda would be seen in an untitled Rohit Shetty project that would be produced by actor Ajay Devgan. She has replaced actress Katrina Kaif in the lead role opposite Fardeen Khan.
- What gives Nargis Fakhri cold feet? - Feb 19, 2012
- Draping a sari tough for me: Bipasha - Feb 19, 2012
- If Deepika Padukone has a Christian wedding - Oct 11, 2011
- Bollywood marks its presence on fourth day at WIFW - Apr 10, 2011
- Neil Nitin walks the ramp in prison wear, handcuffs (With Images) - Oct 27, 2009
- Mugdha turns mentor.. - Nov 09, 2009
- Films less scary than walking ramp: Tara Sharma - Mar 03, 2012
- Zarine's double role - on the ramp! - Aug 03, 2011
- Kavita Bhartia pays tribute to Indian weavers - Oct 09, 2011
- Censors out of sync with today's youth: Sonam Kapoor - Dec 22, 2011
- I'm extremely fond of Sonal Chauhan: Neil - Jul 09, 2012
- Go for cotton this wedding season, says Anita Dongre - May 09, 2012
- I am living my grandfather's dream: Neil Nitin Mukesh - Sep 13, 2009
- Amy dazzles as princess in Indian attire - Mar 03, 2012
- Gulshan Kumar's daughter makes 'fairy tale' debut at LFW - Mar 02, 2012
Tags: bling, blouse, camaraderie, co star, debut film, fashion brand, film fashion, godse, india fashion week, love interest, nice guy, nitin mukesh, opening day, prison drama, protagonist, ramp, repute, sari, showstopper, wills lifestyle india fashion week