Its splitsville for Spice Girls?February 2nd, 2008 - 2:19 pm ICT by admin
London, Feb 2 (ANI): The famous all-girl band Spice Girls has split up yet again, and this time it is Melanie Chisholm who has called it a day, according to reports.
The band has also pulled plans to take their reunion tour to Australia, China, South Africa and Argentina and will play their final gig in Canada later this month.
Mel C has been in talks with bandmates Victoria Beckham, Geri Halliwell, Emma Bunton and Melanie Brown over the bands future.
But Sporty Spice does not want to continue so the girls have decided to call it a day.
Geri and Victoria have been loving the attention and adulation the tour has been bringing the girls in the UK and North America, The Sun quoted a source, as saying.
Mel B has really enjoyed being on stage and performing again. And Emma has found it hard with a young son but was prepared to carry on.
But Mel C is the one who always insisted the reunion should be only short-term. Now she wants to go back to doing her own thing.
Because they couldnt all agree, the extra tour dates have been pulled. Touring has been harder on all the girls this time round. But all of them could have been persuaded to continue - apart from Mel C, the source added.
The band on Feb 1 announced that their gig in Toronto on February 26 would be their last.
The band said: Its been incredible being back together and seeing our fans again. Really sorry if we didnt get to see you this time round.
We have other commitments in our lives now. But who knows what will happen next?
- Spice girls still best friends - Aug 04, 2012
- No tour for Spice Girls: Mel C - Sep 05, 2011
- Victoria left reunion party early for daughter - Jun 27, 2012
- Spice Girls To Perform In 2012 Olympic Games - Oct 19, 2010
- Spice Girls to unite again for Olympic closing ceremony (Lead) - Jul 20, 2012
- Victoria back with Spice Girls for musical launch - Jun 25, 2012
- Spice Girls may perform at Olympic closing ceremony - Jul 20, 2012
- I don't need Spice Girls reunion : Mel C - Dec 03, 2011
- Mel C wants more children - Mar 07, 2010
- Mel C regrets permanent tattoos - Jun 29, 2012
- Spice Girls to auction iconic clothes - Jun 29, 2012
- Spice Girls may turn 'Viva Forever!' into movie - Jul 01, 2012
- Mel B regrets missing Queen's celebrations - Jun 06, 2012
- Spice Girls reunite in London - Jun 27, 2012
- Halliwell hopes to convince Posh for Olympics gig - Jan 31, 2011
Tags: adulation, australia china, commitments, emma bunton, extra tour, feb 2, geri halliwell, gig, girl band, london feb, mel b, mel c, melanie brown, melanie chisholm, reunion tour, spice girls, splitsville, sporty spice, tour dates, victoria beckham