“It’s Not The Longest Yard” - Rensil d’SilvaMarch 30th, 2009 - 10:32 am ICT by Sampurn Wire
By Subhash K Jha
Rensil d’Silva who wrote one of the most original films ever Rang De Basanti is being accused of plagiarizing the screenplay of David Dhawan’s Hook Ya Crook from the Adam Sandler film The Longest Yard.
But Rensil, currently editing his Kareena-Saif directorial debut , denies any similarity between his film and the Peter Segal-directed 2005 prison drama.
“Hook Ya Crook is a prison- break drama.So to that extent there’d be some similarity between Hook Ya Crook and any other prison-break drama. Having said that let me make it clear that my film isn’t at all a copy of Longest Yard.”
Rensil has been eager to visit Hyderabad to check out the prison set that David Dhawan has erected at the Ramuji Rao Studio.
“Unfortunately I’m so tied up with editing the canned footage of my film I can’t take any time off,” ends Rensil regretfully. -Sampurn Media
- My film isn't copy of 'The Longest Yard': Rensil - Mar 30, 2009
- David Dhawan: "My Son Rohit's Film Is Not Postponed" - Apr 13, 2009
- My son Rohit's film not postponed: David Dhawan - Apr 13, 2009
- Hook Ya Crook a copy of Adam Sandlers comedy The Longest Yard? - Mar 28, 2009
- David Dhawan's 'Hook Ya Crook' to go on floors Jan 7 - Dec 13, 2008
- John Abraham to use bonus holiday for acting workshop - May 08, 2009
- Hook Ya Crook shelved - Apr 12, 2010
- 'Chashme Buddoor' set for monsoon release - Jun 01, 2012
- No DTH premiere for 'Hook Ya Crook': David Dhawan - Nov 27, 2009
- Genelia D'Souza: The Queen Of Endorsements And Her Upcoming Projects - Dec 02, 2010
- Siddharth signs David Dhawan's next (Movie Snippets) - Jul 01, 2011
- John Abraham takes break from heat in Hyderabad - Mar 28, 2009
- Govinda becomes a John Abraham fan! - Aug 19, 2009
- Neha in Karan Johar's next untitled project - Jun 15, 2012
- Kalam set for movie debut (Film Snippets) - Nov 25, 2009
Tags: adam sandler, david dhawan, directorial debut, extent, kareena saif, longest yard, original films, peter segal, prison break, prison drama, s hook, screenplay, silva, similarity, subhash k jha, time off, ya