It’s good to be choosy, says Pitobash TripathiJune 11th, 2012 - 7:04 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, June 11 (IANS) Actor Pitobash Tripathy, whose performance in “Shor In The City” earned critical acclaim, has yet again impressed critics with “Shanghai”. He says it took him nine months to sign “Shanghai” because he feels it is better to be choosy.
“I am very choosy about my work. After ‘Shor In The City’, I only signed ‘Shanghai’ after nine months. One has to be very careful in the beginning of the career. One needs to choose different roles and tell people that you can do anything,” Pitobash told IANS.
Next up, he will be seen in Manish Manikpuri’s “Aalaap” and Shirish Kunder’s “Joker”.
In “Shanghai”, directed by Dibakar Banerjee, Pitobash plays the role of Bhagu, a simple small town boy who gets exploited in the corrupt world.
“You will find a Bhagu in every small Indian town. He lives every moment of his life to the fullest. But in a particular situation, the entire system exploits him and uses him for corruption,” he said.
Pitobash has been a part of the Hindi film industry for the past four years. He was also seen in “I Am Kalam”.
He says it is important to read a script well to sign the right kind of films.
“I only sign films which are close to my beliefs. All my films are a form of art. It’s like they contribute something to society, plus provide entertainment. I have no fixed formula.”
“If I love a story and I feel that I need to do it, I go for it. I always listen to my heart. If my sensibilities match with the director, I am happy,” the actor added.
Other than “Aalaap” and “Joker”, Pitobash was also involved in Kalpana Lajmi’s “Kaanch”. The shooting for Lajmi’s film has been put on hold as of now as she alleged that her producer, Rajiv Kashyap, refused to pay the cast and the crew.
Siding with his director on the issue, Pitobash said: “We have all put in so much hard work for this film. I feel so bad that all this has happened. Nevertheless, I am positive that the film will be made. It can’t be stopped just because of one person.”
- 'Kaanch' in lurch, producer-director lock horns - Jun 07, 2012
- 'Aalaap' director not scared of 'Kyaa Super Kool...' - Jul 24, 2012
- Kunder plans to shoot 'Kick' from November - Jul 09, 2012
- SRK-Shirish brawl jokes storm internet - Jan 31, 2012
- Nadiadwala replaces Kunder as 'Kick' director - Sep 01, 2012
- I've faced many insults: Dibakar Bannerjee - Jun 24, 2012
- Shirish left 'Kick': Salman Khan - Sep 03, 2012
- I became better with every film: Bipasha (Movie Snippets) (With Image) - Aug 26, 2012
- Not upset with Shirish: Akshay Kumar - Mar 02, 2012
- Shirish Kunder apologises to SRK - Aug 25, 2012
- Big B signs Shirish Kunder's 'Common Man' - Dec 11, 2011
- Marriage talk makes Katrina uncomfortable (Movie Snippets) - Aug 12, 2012
- Shadab Faridi to sing for 'Dabangg 2' (Movie Snippets) - Aug 13, 2012
- 'Joker' features in New York Times, Shirish excited (Movie Snippets) - May 13, 2012
- Shirish Kunder to cast newcomers in dance-based film - Mar 21, 2011
Tags: career one, corrupt world, corruption, critical acclaim, entire system, form of art, hindi film industry, joker, kashyap, lajmi, mumbai, nine months, rajiv, sensibilities, shanghai, shirish kunder, shor, siding, tripathi, tripathy