It’s good to be bad: Gulshan DevaiahApril 15th, 2012 - 6:09 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, April 15 (IANS) After “Shaitan”, actor Gulshan Devaiah will once again be seen exploring his negative streak in forthcoming film “Hate Story”. Unlike others, Gulshan doesn’t fear getting typecast and says he is enjoying playing the bad guy.
“There is a possibility that I might get typecast but I don’t feel threatened. I am not bothered about playing negative roles. My role in ‘Shaitan’ was also negative but Siddharth in ‘Hate Story’ takes very calculative risk,” Gulshan told IANS.
“I want to explore as many grey shades as I can. It’s good to be a bad guy. You can do some crazy things and get away with it,” he added.
While, many newcomers struggle to get lead roles in films, Gulshan is happy doing negative characters.
“I believe there are far better guys, who can be heroes. They are much better than me who can woo women. I am happy with whatever I am doing presently,” said actor, who was made his debut with Rohan Sippy’s “Dum Maaro Dum”. He was also seen in “That Girl In Yellow Boots”.
“Hate Story” is directed by Vivek Agnihotri and also features Paoli Dam and Nikhil Dwivedi. It is releasing Friday.
In the film, Gulshan plays the role of a business tycoon, who is always running after success. Although the actor admits it is a woman-centric film, but is confident that his role would be able create strong impact.
“Hate Story is a women-centric film, in which I play Siddharth. He is anti-hero and is a powerful and rich man. He wants to succeed at any cost. Ego clashes begin when Paoli enters the scene,” he said.
“I knew I wanted to do best part I could get. I was thrilled with this film. I knew my job I am not insecure about the length of my character. I know my character will leave a strong impact. There is no denying that this is Paoli’s film,” he added.
Gulshan revealed that the actors were told in the beginning that it is a bold film so all of them were prepared.
“The film has an adult content in it. It is an erotic genre. I exactly knew what I am getting into. Vivek had made this thing very clear in the beginning itself, so we all were prepared for this.”
- Actor Gulshan Devaiah on negative streak! - Aug 29, 2011
- 'Hate Story' - riveting, bold tale of woman's revenge (IANS Movie Review) - Apr 20, 2012
- Boldness a state of mind: Bengali actress Paoli Dam (Interview) - Apr 20, 2012
- Don't insult Indian audience's intelligence: Nikhil Dwivedi (Movie Snippets) - Apr 18, 2012
- 'Shaitan' doesn't intend to have shock value: Gulshan Devaiya - May 30, 2011
- Rajat Barmecha shows dark side in 'Shaitan' - Apr 28, 2011
- 'Hate Story' mystery girl revealed - it's Paoli Dam (With Images) - Mar 06, 2012
- Vivek Agnihotri plans part two of 'Hate Story' - Jul 16, 2012
- 'Peddlers' heads to Toronto film fest - Aug 01, 2012
- It's one of the greatest highs to play a villain: SRK - Dec 19, 2011
- 'Villains have vanished from Hindi cinema' - Jul 11, 2011
- Nikhil Dwivedi injured - Dec 15, 2011
- Aman to play negative role in 'Chhoti Bahu' (With Images) - Dec 23, 2011
- Actor Shiv Pandit unhurt in accident - May 12, 2011
- Actor Shiv Pandit picks new art - rolling joints! (With Images) - May 22, 2011
Tags: actors, adult content, business tycoon, clashes, crazy things, debut, ego, fear, forthcoming film, genre, grey shades, hate story, hero, heroes, newcomers, nikhil dwivedi, rich man, rohan sippy, typecast, yellow boots