It’s fun designing Genelia’s wedding trousseau: Ritu Kumar (With Images)February 1st, 2012 - 1:50 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 1 (IANS) Ritu Kumar, known for her ethnic Indian creations, has designed the wedding trousseau of Geneila D’Souza, who will tike the knot with long-time boyfriend Riteish Deshmukh Friday. The ace designer enjoyed designing elegant chic clothes for the young actress.
“Genelia is such young and petite girl that it was fun to make the wedding trousseau for her. I avoided bling and shimmer because I didn’t want clothes to overshadow her personality. Hence the silhouette which I designed for her is simple yet elegant and chic,” Kumar told IANS.
The outfits in Genelia’s trousseau comprise of a nude and black net Anarkali suit with multi panelled layers, which the 24-year-old is expected to wear for her mehndi ceremony. The bodice is accentuated with a see through layer of lace like filigree. The ensemble is teamed up with a black and nude coloured dupatta and a nude coloured churidar.
For the D-day, Kumar has designed a lehanga, choli and odhni in gold and indigo blue for Genelia. The blouse is made of indigo blue velvet with antique dhapka embroidery, while lehanga has antique gold weaving with zardozi embroidery.
The odhni is a subtle mix of gold and indigo blue and the designer feels it will highlight Genelia’s petite frame.
According to the designer, the ensemble resembles a 19th century archival piece.
“For Genelia’s trousseau, I have chosen colours that will enhance her vivacious personality. She can carry off the traditional Indian look beautifully. The Anarkali and lehenga designed beautifully complement Genelia. The ensemble resembles a 19th century archival piece,” the designer said.
Will she attend the wedding?
“Let see, I have many other projects to finish so may be.”
The couple started dating when they first met on the sets of “Tujhe Meri Kasam”. Post marriage they have a new release coming up - “Tere Naal Love Ho Gaya”.
- Jumpsuit-cum-gharara, craftsmanship ruled Pakistan bridal week - Dec 22, 2011
- Winter of discontent for brides? No way, say designers (With Images) - Jan 03, 2012
- Pam pays tribute to modern women with spring-summer collection (With Image) - Mar 06, 2012
- Pakistan designer styles Kashmiri embroidery for bridal wear (With Images) - Dec 21, 2011
- Preeti Ghai's new collection, a fusion of tradition, trends (With Images) - May 15, 2011
- A grandeur opening by Varun Bahl for DCW - Aug 09, 2012
- Why not marry in your mom's wedding sari? - Mar 26, 2011
- Ritu Kumar to popularise hand-woven textiles - Feb 03, 2012
- Parna Ghose goes to NY Couture Fashion Week - Sep 06, 2012
- Manish wowed with his collection, B-town loved it too (With Images) - Aug 12, 2012
- A range of styles for your bridal attire - Oct 06, 2011
- Pam Mehta offers Floral Fiesta (With Images) - Jan 11, 2012
- Anuradha offers ethnic designs for modern women (With Images) - Jan 01, 2012
- Honoured to be part of 'Midnight's Children': Ritu Kumar (With Images) - Sep 13, 2012
- Designers Pankaj-Nidhi offer Mughal era inspired clothes - Oct 07, 2010
Tags: actress genelia, antique gold, blue velvet, bodice, chic clothes, churidar, d day, dupatta, filigree, gaya, genelia, indigo blue, lehanga choli, petite frame, petite girl, riteish deshmukh, subtle mix, vivacious personality, wedding trousseau, young actress