Item numbers calling for HazelMay 11th, 2009 - 11:58 am ICT by Sampurn Wire
By Joginder Tuteja
She may have been out of sight for some time but she is certainly not out of mind. Hazel, who made a low key debut with HO SAKTA HAI and went on to find good appreciation coming her way in MP3 - MERA PEHLA PEHLA PYAAR HAI, may have been lying low for last couple of years. Her Bollywood stint may have been restricted to a brief appearance in U ME AUR HUM but that hasn’t stopped her from exploring opportunities elsewhere. She has just tasted huge success with the release of KICK, a Telugu film, where she was roped in especially for a ‘dhinchaak’ item number. The film has just released and opened to a very good response.
“It all happened so quickly actually”, says Hazel who is quite patient when it comes to getting the best work in the film world, “The song was shot just about a month back. I got a call from someone on a Sunday night and there I was shooting for the song on Monday. It was just like that. Moreover, since I had to dance along with Ravi Teja who is a big name down South, I was further inspired enough to say yes to the song.”
Shot on a lavish budget, the song was shot for over a period of four days and featured a combination of fire and water.
“It was a great experience as the number was done in a big way. The song is quite fast paced, just as the kind that we hear time and again in films down South. It is quite high energy with a lot of attitude in it”, says Hazel.
Not many are aware that Hazel has been quite a pro when it comes to dancing and loved to get on the stage at an opportune moment.
“The number was quite powerful and required full on heavy dancing”, she remembers, “I was blown away by the steps. Moreover, the look of the song is also quite eclectic. It is a mix of Western and Indian music and my costumes were also made accordingly.”
So is she open to such special song and dance appearances in Hindi films too?
“Why not”, she shoots back, “In any case, I have been getting calls for these kind of assignments but I am choosing my work quite carefully. So tomorrow if there is something really interesting that comes in, I will be game to make such song and dance appearances.” -Sampurn Media
- British model to woo Ravi Kissen in red sari (With Image) - Mar 30, 2012
- Picking Bollywood dance like brushing teeth: Hazel Keech - Jun 02, 2012
- KJo wants Ravi to dance on Bhojpuri songs (Movie Snippets) - Jun 30, 2012
- Hats off to Big B, says SRK (Movie Snippets) - Oct 08, 2011
- 'Dangerous Ishq' required actors with no image: Karisma - May 07, 2012
- Riya Sen refuses to shoot item song - Oct 17, 2011
- Madhuri inspires Chitrangada's look in 'Kaafirana' - Feb 29, 2012
- The audience should have entertainment: Salman Khan (Interview) - Aug 10, 2012
- After 10 years, Farah Khan teams up with Aamir again - Jan 13, 2011
- 'Item song' sounds derogatory: Kareena Kapoor - Mar 16, 2012
- 'Chhaiya Chhaiya' makes Malaika nostalgic - Aug 28, 2012
- It's destination Mumbai for Piaa Bajpai (Movie Snippets) - Dec 07, 2011
- Sonakshi remains a 'bathroom singer'! (Movie Snippets) - Aug 15, 2012
- Winter rain: Splashing romance on Bollywood songs - Jan 24, 2012
- Kajol has always been lucky for me: Karan Johar - Sep 01, 2012
Tags: attitude, blown away, costumes, debut, film world, hasn, hazel, high energy, hindi films, ho sakta hai, indian music, joginder, mera pehla pehla pyaar hai, opportune moment, out of sight, pehla pehla, ravi teja, song and dance, stint, telugu film