It was special when Kareena held my hand: Jackky BhagnaniMay 28th, 2009 - 9:13 am ICT by IANS
By Joginder Tuteja
Mumbai, May 28 (IANS) He may be disappointed with his debut film “Kal Kissne Dekha” being delayed, but newcomer Jackky Bhagnani perks up when he recalls the special moment he shared with childhood friend Kareena Kapoor last week.
In Ahmedabad for a concert to promote his upcoming film, Jackky was nervous until Kareena assured him that everything would be all right.
“I couldn’t have been more thankful to her that particular evening when I had to step up on stage in front of a 25,000-strong crowd. I was extremely nervous and was wondering whether I would be able to crack the show till Kareena gave me a helping hand,” Jackky told IANS.
He is currently on a six-city tour to promote his debut film, which is a musical thriller.
“She supported me at every step that evening. She calmed me down even as I openly told her that I was very nervous. She simply told me that ‘Jackky, you are a nice dancer, just go with the flow and leave yourself to the beats’,” he said.
“It was especially sweet of her when she held my hand after the show and introduced me to the public. I will cherish that moment forever because Kareena has been a great friend during my growing up years. However, now it was a superstar actress bringing a newcomer in front of the audience. It couldn’t have been bigger,” said Jackky, who admits that during the last three years he wasn’t really in touch with Kareena.
“We grew up together as kids. Her sister Karisma has worked in a number of movies with dad (’Coolie No. 1′, ‘Hero No. 1′, ‘Biwi No. 1′). We all share a great relationship personally as well as professionally. However, even though we were not in touch, she was sweet enough to be just a call away when we requested her to make it for the show,” said Jackky.
Added dad Vashu Bhagnani: “The show was a huge success. As the three-hour long show started warming up, close to 25,000 people assembled there to watch the performance. In fact, they got crazy when Kareena and Jackky got together for ‘Mauja hi mauja’ and ‘Marjaani’.”
The release date of the film, which was to open in theatres May 29, has not yet been finalised because of the tiff between producers and multiplex owners over revenue sharing.
Starring debutant Vaishali Desai as the leading lady, “Kal Kissne Dekha” also features Rishi Kapoor and Akshay Kapoor in principal roles with Sanjay Dutt in a special appearance.
- Shaan wants to stop alcohol promotion in movies (Movie snippets) - May 28, 2012
- Comparison with Salman makes Jackky happy - Aug 30, 2012
- 'Kal Kissne Dekha' - of love and supernatural powers (IANS Preview) - Jun 08, 2009
- 'F.A.L.T.U' not a dance film: Jackky Bhagnani - Jun 18, 2010
- Kareena and Lara take just a minute to say yes to Jackky - May 29, 2009
- KAL KISSNE DEKHA GOLDEN NIGHTS - May 23, 2009
- Jackky Bhagnani becomes gets nostalgic - Oct 03, 2009
- Kareena shaken by fan frenzy at Ahmedabad - May 23, 2009
- Jackky to show off eight-pack abs in 'Ajab Gazabb Love' - Aug 30, 2012
- 500 screens release for Kal Kissne Dekha worldwide - Jun 11, 2009
- I never wanted to be an actress: Nandita Das (Film Snippets) - Jun 12, 2009
- Newcomer Jackky Bhagnani shed 60 kilos for Bollywood debut - Feb 02, 2009
- Shah Rukh Khan had stepped in to help Jackky - Jun 16, 2009
- Jackky-Pooja romance not a publicity gimmick! - Mar 07, 2011
- Vashu Bhagnani postpones Film Kal Kissne Dekha - May 29, 2009
Tags: actress, ahmedabad, audience, beats, childhood friend, crowd, dad, dancer, debut film, great relationship, helping hand, hero, joginder, kareena kapoor, karisma, mumbai, musical thriller, newcomer, special moment, upcoming film