It was scary becoming a mother, says Catherine Zeta JonesAugust 3rd, 2010 - 5:55 pm ICT by ANI
London, Aug 03 (ANI): Welsh actress Catherine Zeta-Jones has admitted that she found the idea of motherhood scary and doubted her ability to cope.
The 40-year-old actress, who has two children with husband Michael Douglas, says the experience of being a mother was not something she had longed for.
And the ‘Entrapment’ actress was not sure if she would be able to sustain it until she gave birth to her son Dylan.
“I wasn’t the kind of girl who always wanted babies, I never played with dolls. I didn’t know if I had it in me,” the Daily Express quoted Zeta-Jones as saying.
“It was scary becoming a mother - it’s the unknown. I was 30 when I had my first,” she added.
Dylan’s sister Carys, now 7, was born in 2003 and Catherine said she now enjoys the vast changes that parenthood brought into her life.
“They crack me up. You learn so much from them every day, it’s wonderful,” said Zeta-Jones.
“My priorities changed when I had children. I have to be passionate and committed about something if it’s going to take me away from them,” she added. (ANI)
- Zeta-Jones 'had a good cry' when she heard Douglas' tumour had gone - Jan 12, 2011
- Zeta-Jones not pregnant - Jan 26, 2012
- In US, Zeta-Jones misses family - Jun 17, 2012
- Zeta-Jones 'hopes to remove stigma from depression' - Apr 21, 2011
- Zeta-Jones conferred with CBE - Feb 24, 2011
- Zeta-Jones lucky with Hollywood actors - Jul 25, 2010
- Zeta-Jones' kids like cheap holidays - Jun 15, 2012
- Zeta-Jones sings at school fundraiser - Apr 24, 2012
- For Jones, Douglas is the man - Feb 13, 2011
- Catherine Zeta Jones' agony over Michael Douglas's throat cancer - Sep 05, 2010
- British stiff upper lip caused Catherine Zeta-Jones' break down: Michael Douglas - Apr 27, 2011
- Michael Douglas to undergo chemo for throat tumour - Aug 17, 2010
- Zeta-Jones praises brave husband - Oct 01, 2010
- Proud of Zeta-Jones for seeking help: Demi Lovato - Apr 15, 2011
- Douglas' kids unaware about Zeta-Jones bipolar struggle - May 11, 2011