It was a tough decision to leave ‘Spider-Man’ $65 million musical: MendozaJanuary 1st, 2011 - 2:20 pm ICT by ANI
New York, Jan 1 (ANI): Natalie Mendoza, who recently dropped out of the 65 million dollar musical ‘Spider-Man’, has admitted that it was a tough decision.
“It has been a difficult decision to make, but I regret that I am unable to continue on ‘Spider-Man’ as I recover from my injury,” the New York Daily News quoted her as saying.
“I wish Julie (Taymor, the director) and the cast and crew every success with this production,” she added.
The actress was injured during ‘Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark’s’ first preview performance last month when a weighted rope hit her in the head, giving her a severe concussion.
And although she returned to the stage shortly after, she had to take two weeks off after suffering nausea and headaches, which are common side effects of concussions.
The show’s producer, who has taken a lot of heat for the costly and dangerous performance, said she wished Mendoza all the best.
“Natalie is a talented performer. We’ve appreciated her contributions to the show,” said Julie Taymor. (ANI)
- Lead actress leaves troubled 'Spider-Man' musical - Dec 29, 2010
- Natalie Mendoza leaves Broadway's Spider-Man musical after accident - Dec 29, 2010
- Actor in the Broadway production of 'Spiderman' injured - Dec 05, 2010
- 'Spider-Man' Broadway rescheduled yet again - Jan 14, 2011
- The Third Artist In "Spider Man" Injured - Dec 05, 2010
- Aussie actress is 3rd cast member to get hurt on 'Spider-Man' show - Dec 06, 2010
- 'Spider-Man' Finally Previews On Broadway - Nov 29, 2010
- Director of Spider-Man musical quits over show's music - Mar 10, 2011
- Julie Taymor Says No To ‘Spider-Man: Turn Off The Dark’ Chat - Dec 31, 2010
- Spider-Man wasn't in any danger: Show's spokesperson - Feb 12, 2011
- 'Spider-Man' musical director Taymor to be replaced by McKinley - Mar 11, 2011
- Reeve Carney, Jennifer Damiano Upbeat After "Spider-Man" Broadway Musical Performance - Nov 29, 2010
- Spider-Man Musical: Is It Going To Be A Flop Show? - Dec 07, 2010
- Union sues Spider-Man on behalf of Julie Taymor - Jun 10, 2011
- "Spider-Man" Debuts On Broadway But Not Without Glitches - Nov 30, 2010
Tags: actress, cast and crew, concussion, difficult decision, headaches, julie taymor, natalie mendoza, nausea, new york daily news, preview performance, rope, spider man, talented performer, york daily news