It is easier to meet Schwarzenegger than Bollywood stars: NadiadwalaJune 24th, 2008 - 9:27 am ICT by IANS
By Subhash K. Jha
Mumbai, June 24 (IANS) Producer Sajid Nadiadwala has finalised Brandon Routh and Denise Richards for his $20 million project “Kambhakt Ishq”, which also has Akhsay Kumar and Kareena Kapoor. And he says that it is easier to meet Hollywood stars for roles than actors back home. Nadiadwala is also in talks with actor-turned-politician Arnold Schwarzenegger for the film that revolves around Akshay’s character, a stuntman in Hollywood.
“Believe me, meeting Arnold for a role is easier than meeting some of our stars in Bollywood. In a way Arnold is our host in California since he’s the governor. Access to the Governor House is easy. Arnold and the city are very welcoming,” Nadiadwala told IANS.
“I’m leaving for my final talks with Arnold. Since he is a politician, we can’t just fling his name around. We’ve also finalised Brandon Routh, who played the latest ‘Superman’. And we also have the ‘Terminator’ heroine Linda Hamilton in ‘Kambhakt Ishq’. We expect to sign all three by early next week,” he added.
While some of the Hollywood actors have walk-on parts, Denise Richards has a far more substantial role.
“Denise plays Kareena’s rival in love and has lots of romantic scenes with Akshay and Kareena. We also have several other Hollywood actors, about a dozen, who’ll do walk-on parts. Those we won’t like to publicise.”
Nadiadwala, however, did have some trouble signing these Hollywood icons.
“But only because of the fiscal conversion. I’m still getting used to converting rupees into dollars. Nowadays I’m only talking dollars. As a producer these stars are expensive. But as their fan I feel money is of no consequence.
“The important thing is we aren’t bringing Hollywood stars into ‘Kambhakt Ishq’ as a gimmick. Our hero is a stuntman in Hollywood. So the stars all fit into the plot.”
Nadiadwala, who shot his Salman Khan- and Akshay-starrer “Jaan-e-Mann” in New York, will shoot “Kambhakt Ishq” in Los Angeles.
“The US is very shooting-friendly. I shot my last film ‘Jaan-e-Mann’ in New York. That was as easy as shooting in our own Film City. In fact, Karan Johar recently shot in Miami and he says it was a pleasure.”
Nadiadwala starts shooting in LA from June 27.
“Then 20 days in Italy. The next five months will be gruelling. It’s a 22-hour flight from Mumbai to LA,” said Nadiadwala who was earlier planning to charter a plane to LA.
“But now it doesn’t make financial sense. One of my units left a week ago. Kareena is joining us from London. Akshay is coming from the Bahamas. So no point in chartering a plane from Mumbai.”
The film might be dubbed into English for global audience.
- Hollywood bitten by Bollywood bug? - Sep 25, 2010
- 'Joker' to release Aug 30, 2012 - Oct 30, 2011
- Akshay, Kareena set to scorch screen in 'Kambakkht Ishq' - Mar 28, 2009
- Kunder proud of 'assistant' Karan Malhotra (Movie Snippets) - Jan 26, 2012
- Kunder's 'Joker' only 105 minutes long - Aug 24, 2012
- Kambakkht Ishq Set to Release on 3rd July. - Jun 08, 2009
- Akshay does live stunt for 'Kambakkht...' promotion - Jul 02, 2009
- 'Kambakkht Ishq' - of a supermodel, stuntman and Hollywood stars (IANS Preview) - Jun 30, 2009
- Superman star Brandon Routh in 'Kambakkth Ishq' - Oct 07, 2008
- Akshay, Kareena to walk red carpet with Stallone at Cannes - May 05, 2009
- "No three film deal with Deepika, Lara or Jiah" - Sajid - May 03, 2010
- Film industry waits for bailout with Akshay's 'Kambakkht Ishq' - Jun 23, 2009
- Nadiadwala replaces Kunder as 'Kick' director - Sep 01, 2012
- 'Joker' is not comedy: Shrish Kunder - Jan 22, 2012
- Mr. Blockbuster hits the right tune with Kambakkht Ishq - Apr 03, 2009
Tags: actor turned politician, akhsay kumar, arnold schwarzenegger, bollywood stars, brandon routh, denise richards, finalised, hollywood actors, hollywood stars, ishq, jaan e mann, kareena kapoor, linda hamilton, romantic scenes, rupees, salman khan, stuntman, subhash k jha, substantial role, terminator heroine