It is an open and shut case: MinisshaMay 20th, 2011 - 6:16 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, May 20 (IANS) Bollywood actress Minissha Lamba, who was detained by customs authorities at Mumbai airport for carrying undeclared jewellery worth Rs.50 lakh while returning from her much-hyped visit to the Cannes Film Festival, says there will be no case against her.
“I have given my statement and the fact is that the jewels don’t belong to me. They were given to me to wear at Cannes by Anmol Jewellers, so I don’t think there is any case against me. The jewelers will be called to verify that is it their jewels and that’s it. It’s an open and shut case,” the 26-year-old actress told IANS.
Minissha was in Cannes for the premier of Woody Allen’s “Midnight In Paris”. She returned Wednesday here by an Emirates flight via Dubai.
Why was she detained for 16 long hours?
“It was just a procedural thing. It wasn’t anything terribly serious. But the whole process is very time consuming. That’s why it takes time,” said the actress of films like “Yahaan”, “Kidnap” and “Bachna Ae Haseeno”.
On Thursday, Minissha visited the customs commissioner’s office in Mumbai to complete some paperwork, but the jewellery has been confiscated and is now in government custody.
This is not the only problem that Minissha had to face during this trip. The actress also lost her bag at Nice airport. However, she is still in high spirits.
“The Cannes experience was fantastic, only the last day was a bit stressful because I lost my bag and when I returned, I was detained. But otherwise it was great and I don’t think anything can mar the experience I had at Cannes,” said the actress.
- Jewellery still with customs, says Minissha Lamba - Jun 03, 2011
- I'll go to Cannes every year now: Minissha Lamba (Interview) - May 22, 2011
- Minissha Lamba held at airport with undeclared jewellery - May 19, 2011
- Airport detentions on the rise for Bollywood stars - Jun 29, 2011
- Not questioned by customs: Dia Mirza - Jan 07, 2012
- Shobhaa De takes a dig at Cannes-returned Minissha (Movie Snippets) - May 19, 2011
- Bipasha detained at airport, pays Rs.12,000 (Lead) - May 26, 2011
- I paid Rs.12,000 for excess baggage: Bipasha - May 26, 2011
- Bipasha pays for excess baggage at airport (Second Lead) - May 26, 2011
- Minissha Lamba to walk the red carpet at Cannes - Apr 29, 2011
- Ekta Kapoor detained at airport, released - Aug 08, 2011
- Dia Mirza fined for undeclared goods by customs - Jan 07, 2012
- Mallika Sherawat's brother detained at Mumbai airport - Jun 07, 2011
- Refused to walk the ramp in bikini: Minissha Lamba - Sep 12, 2011
- I'm a diehard Priyanka fan: Shraddha Kapoor - Aug 03, 2011
Tags: actress, cannes film festival, customs authorities, dubai, emirates, films, high spirits, jewelers, jewellers, jewels, lakh, midnight in paris, minissha lamba, mumbai airport, nice airport, paperwork, time consuming, woody allen, worth rs