It feels like a dream: L’il Champs winnerOctober 2nd, 2011 - 4:58 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Oct 2 (IANS) Ten-year-old Azmat Hussain - Zee TV’s “Sa Re Ga Ma Pa L’il Champs” singing reality show winner - has won many hearts with his innocence and flawless renditions. The little champ is still in a daze over his win.
“I am really happy. The feeling is yet to sink in. All of it seems like a dream. I am going to go home and celebrate the win in a big way,” Azmat told IANS on phone from Mumbai.
A Class 2 student of AL-Ameen Public School in Jaipur, Azmat is still learning to read and write. His soulful voice and exemplary singing made him stand apart from rest of the contestants.
For any child of his age, facing a crowd of hundreds could be nerve-wracking but Azmat was undeterred and performed with confidence.
“I was never scared singing on the stage. I used to remember my parents and my god and perform,” he said.
Among the 18 participants, Azmat was the youngest and always a favourite of the show’s judges and mentors, Kailash Kher, Adnan Sami, Javed Ali and Alka Yagnik. Whether it was a ghazal or a fast Punjabi number, Azmat wowed one and all with his impeccable performances.
Azmat also won over many actors’ hearts with his cuteness and innocence, whether it was Salman Khan, who offered him help in completing his education, or Shah Rukh Khan, who celebrated Azmat’s win by taking him on his shoulder and doing a little jig during the finale.
Azmat has already planned his future.
“I want to be a well-known singer, but I have to finish my studies first. I will continue learning music,” said Azmat.
Azmat was a part of Javed Ali’s team and is all praise for the mentor and his guidance.
“He never scolded me and taught me everything with lots of love. I got to learn a lot from him and I thank him for all his support. I want to learn a lot more,” said Azmat.
- 10-year-old Azmat wins 'L'il Champs' - Oct 02, 2011
- TV will give face to my voice: singer Javed Ali - May 25, 2011
- Amitabh smitten by kids' singing talent - Jun 18, 2011
- Kids should get sugar-coated criticism: 'Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Li'l Champs' judges - May 25, 2011
- Niall Horan's scary first kiss - May 21, 2012
- Adnan, Kailash, Javed Ali to judge 'Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Li'l Champs' - May 04, 2011
- Haryana announces Rs.21 lakh for 'little champ' - Oct 02, 2011
- 'Arthur' director intimidated by Helen Mirren - Apr 07, 2011
- Versatility must for singer, feels Javed Ali (With Images) - Aug 17, 2012
- Old remains gold: Dharmendra leads TRP race - Aug 04, 2011
- Russell, Diggs team up again for kung fu movie - Sep 15, 2010
- Playboy model Candice is Aishwarya fan - Sep 19, 2011
- 'Wall Street' sequel was nerve wracking: Douglas - Oct 17, 2010
- Radcliffe's scary moment - Feb 18, 2012
- Lady Gaga loves the sitar: Fateh Ali Khan (With Images) - Jun 03, 2012
Tags: adnan sami, al ameen, alka yagnik, azmat, champs, cuteness, innocence, javed ali, jig, learning music, little champ, lots of love, mentors, New Delhi, reality show, renditions, salman khan, shah rukh khan, soulful voice, zee tv