Ishqiya scores high on box-officeFebruary 4th, 2010 - 6:58 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
Feb 4, 2010 (Sampurn Wire): “Ishqiya’ grosses over Rs. 14 crore domestic in just three days. Produced by Shemaroo Entertainment, Vishal Bhardwaj Pictures, India Theatrical and distributed by Boney Kapoor’s BSK Network and Entertainment Private Limited, “Ishqiya’, has grossed over Rs. 14 crore at the domestic box office in the first weekend of its release.
In just three days, the gross box office collections of the film in India have crossed Rs. 15 Crore on 522 screens. Friday morning shows opened with 40-60 percent in key areas like Delhi, Mumbai, Pune , Bangalore and evening settled down to 65-70 percent with average occupancy cultivating first day gross box office of Rs. 3.85 crore, with glowing reviews ranging from 3-4 star ratings and strong word-of-mouth from audience Saturday showed an impressive jump of 25-30 percent and settle down to Rs. 5 Crore, Sunday showed further jump of 30 percent compare to Friday and 8-10 percent compare to Saturday, garnered further Rs. 5.40 crore cultivating to cumulative an astounding opening weekend collection of more than Rs. 14 Crore gross box office.
In Delhi-UP and Punjab specifically, considering that it is a traditional market that favors genre and conventional language used, the movie has done excellent business of gross box office of Rs. 5.30 Crore which is almost 38 percent of gross total business, Even Mumbai circuit was not left behind it scores with whopping number of Rs 5.50 crore gross box office, so 75 percent business came from Bombay and Delhi markets and balance 25 percent from other markets like South (Bangalore, Hyderabad and Chennai) followed by Eastern Circuit and Central parts like CP Berar, Rajasthan and Central India.
“Makers of “Ishqiya’ (Raman Maroo of Shemaroo Entertainment and Vishal Bhardwaj Pictures) have shown great faith in my company by asking us to exploit the all India distribution of the film. It’s a prestigious film and given the wide network and team that I enjoy across the country, “Ishqiya’ is given in safe hands and result is in front of you with whopping number at box office,” says Boney Kapoor.
“Ishqiya’ is a story of romance between individuals caught in web of crime, suspense, passion and deceit. The threat of imminent forces them on a path of violence and betrayal. Set in rural landscape, “Ishqiya’ explores basic human emotions as influenced by desire, greed and revenge. It appeals to both audiences the hardcore masses as well as multiplex audience.
- Boney Kapoor acquires All India Theatrical Distribution Rights of Ishqiya - Jan 13, 2010
- 'Ishqiya' elbows out 'Rann' at box office - Feb 02, 2010
- Boney Kapoor-Sridevi to distribute 'Ishqiya' in India - Jan 14, 2010
- 'Ishqiya' to be screened at Munich film fest - Jun 11, 2010
- Indian Film Festival Of London To Screen Ishqiya - Jul 12, 2010
- Watch 'Ishqiya' for its rustic appeal (IANS Preview) - Jan 25, 2010
- Vidya's 'Kahaani' declared a hit - Mar 11, 2012
- Shemaroo to release its 3D film online first - Oct 15, 2011
- Sharman's 'Ferrari Ki Sawari' makes profit - Jun 18, 2012
- Bollywood counts its losses in first quarter - Apr 28, 2010
- Vidya signs Rs.5 crore sari endorsement deal (With Images) - Aug 30, 2012
- Bollywood went from gloom to glory, singing 'Ooh la la' (2011 in Retrospect) - Dec 15, 2011
- Vidya's 'Kahaani' enters third week, still going strong - Mar 24, 2012
- 'Vicky Donor' earns Rs.13.40 crore, Shoojit Sircar ecstatic - Apr 25, 2012
- 'Ishqiya 2' will be cult: Arshad Warsi (Movie Snippets) - Jan 05, 2012
Tags: berar, boney kapoor, bsk, central india, conventional language, crore, friday morning, great faith, gross box office, hyderabad, key areas, maroo, office collections, prestigious film, pune, rajasthan, shemaroo, star ratings, strong word, vishal bhardwaj