Is Winehouse planning to adopt St Lucian child?April 19th, 2009 - 4:20 pm ICT by ANI
London, April 19 (ANI): British singer Amy Winehouse is reportedly planning to adopt a child from St Lucia.
What’s more, she has told pals that she wants to settle down in the Caribbean island.
The purpose behind the adoption is that the singer wants to help poor and underprivileged children of St Lucia.
“Amy is seriously thinking about adopting. But she is aware it’s going to be incredibly difficult with her background,” the Daily Mail quoted a source as saying.
The news comes after it was revealed that her estranged husband Blake Fielder-Civil had made a woman pregnant at a Sheffield rehabilitation clinic
“Amy’s gutted about Blake becoming a dad and moving on so quickly. She has always wanted to be a mother. She loves St Lucia and would move there for good in order to adopt,” the source added.
Her spokesman said: “Amy was talking about adopting in the context of looking after children on the island, perhaps through some kind of music and education-based project.” (ANI)
- Winehouse had plans to adopt? - Aug 01, 2011
- Amy Winehouse to marry ex-husband in Caribbean island - Jan 11, 2010
- Winehouse's ex-hubby collapses on hearing of her death - Jul 25, 2011
- Amy Winehouse to take up nursing in St Lucia - Jun 09, 2009
- Winehouse plans to adopt - Apr 19, 2009
- Winehouse bought crack cocaine before death, says peddler - Aug 01, 2011
- Fielder-Civil to visit Winehouse's grave for first time - Sep 03, 2012
- Winehouse's flirting angers her husband - Apr 29, 2010
- The real reason behind Amy Winehouse-Blake Fielder-Civil meeting - Dec 13, 2009
- Amy Winehouse dismisses adoption reports - Apr 20, 2009
- Winehouse's ex-husband desperate to come back - Jun 27, 2010
- Blake Fielder-Civil plans "threesome" with Amy Winehouse - Feb 07, 2010
- Winehouse to take off for second honeymoon - Apr 26, 2010
- Amy wants estranged husband to father her child - Aug 19, 2009
- Amy Winehouse 'fears' her ex will reveal 'their secrets' in songs - Mar 25, 2011
Tags: adoption, amy winehouse, becoming a dad, blake fielder civil, british singer, caribbean island, daily mail, education, kind of music, london, pals, rehabilitation clinic, sheffield, spokesman, st lucia, st lucian, underprivileged children