Is the Salman - Katrina affair finally over?April 3rd, 2009 - 9:24 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
Gossip mills are running rapidly again in industry circles claiming that Salman Khan and Katrina Kaif have finally headed towards a split. Just when the news is out the couple is seen together at events again there have also been reports that Salman Khan’s over possessive nature has widened the gap between the two. The couple has never openly spoken about their relationship but yet stood strongly besides each other in the hour of need.
Everyone in the industry knows that Salman helped Katrina at a time when she was new to the industry. Her debut venture Boom in 2003 was a box office disaster and Salman was his peak of success with films like Baaghban and Mujhse Shaadi Karoge had just been released. That is when Salman Khan was introduced to this new comer who had nobody in the industry and was all set to try her luck with good looks and anglicized accent. Apart from a few commercials Katrina Kaif had not signed any film. That is when Salman Khan came to her resuce as her knight in shining armour.
His family accepted her graciously and she became a part of the entire Khandaan. They went on do films together like Maine Pyaar Kyon Kiya in 2005 which failed to appeal the audiences. Their next David Dhawan’s Partner was a hit but they were not paired opposite each other. Their latest offering Subhash Ghai went to become another box office failure. Though they have been accepted as an offscreen couple they still haven’t managed to create the same magic on screen.
Katrina in the mean time went on to do films with other heroes and churned out one hit after the other. Slowly and steadily she climbed the ladder of success finally conquering the pedestal of the number one position. Be it films; commercials or endorsements the Katrina has made her place secure everywhere. Yet she humbly states, “I feel lucky and privileged and have been bless that God has answered all my prayers. I am trying to give my best and am working hard. The whole journey has been wonderful. What more can I say.”
Today their positions are reversed. Salman has had a series of flops to his credit at the box office amongst them the recent ones being God Tussi Great Ho, Yuvraaj. Quiz Katrina about it and she once again supports her hero, “For me Salman is an icon. His stardom can never be affected. He will always be iconic whether his films are successful or not successful.”
Successful or not only time will tell whether Salman and Katrina will ever appeal to the audiences as an onscreen couple. -Sampurn Media
- My career's best phase yet to come: Katrina - Aug 12, 2012
- My career's best is yet to come: Katrina Kaif - Aug 12, 2012
- Reality better than dreams: Katrina Kaif (Interview) - Apr 27, 2012
- Kat And sallu Confused About Their Relationship - Sep 06, 2010
- Sony Music, YRF strike digital music rights deal - Aug 08, 2011
- Akshay, Katrina And Salman To Perform Qawali In Tees Maar Khan - Sep 10, 2010
- Katrina Kaif: Can Rajneeti Bring Her The First Filmfare Award? - Dec 22, 2010
- After item number, it's daredevil stunts for Katrina - Feb 01, 2012
- Katrina Kaif: Rocking On Juhu Beach With 'Sheila Ki Jawani' - Dec 06, 2010
- Salman, Katrina team up for 'Bodyguard' item song - Jul 26, 2011
- 'Ek Tha Tiger' will be super hit, predicts Aamir - Jul 12, 2012
- Review Of Tees Maar Khan: Sheila Fails To Appease! - Dec 24, 2010
- One can easily fall in love with Katrina: Salman - Jul 13, 2012
- Johar recalls 'Kuch Kuch Hota Hai' premiere (Movie Snippets) - Oct 16, 2011
- Katrina says she has no marriage plans - Dec 11, 2010
Tags: accent, audiences, baaghban, david dhawan, debut venture, endorsements, gap, gossip mills, industry circles, katrina kaif, knight in shining armour, kyon, ladder of success, maine pyaar kyon kiya, mean time, mujhse shaadi karoge, new comer, pedestal, salman khan, salman khan and katrina kaif