Is red-faced Renee overdoing her beauty treatments?November 14th, 2007 - 2:58 am ICT by admin
Zellweger is known to follow harsh beauty routines which includes-’facial sandblasting’, before she makes a red-carpet appearance, reports the Daily Mail.
Before every premiere, the ‘Jerry Maguire’ star undergoes a three-hour process of ’sandblasting’, which is designed to rid her skin of blemishes and keep her looking young and fresh.
The treatment, which costs 145 pounds, includes applying of special oxygen and milk facemask dubbed a ‘pre-extraction oxygen wrap’, and the face is covered in two layers of cling film.
When it is removed an oxygen spray containing vitamins is sprayed on the face and neck. It purports to kill surface bacteria to help keep skin clear and blemish-free.
Then comes the hour-long “sandblasting”, in which aluminium oxide crystals are sprayed on to the face to reduce age spots and sun damage, and smooth out fine lines and wrinkles.
However, beauty therapists have warned that the process could leave the skin red and traumatised for up to a day later.
It is said that Zellweger loves the dramatic effects that the “sandblast” facial provides. (ANI)
- Lopez doesn't prefer facial treatments - May 02, 2011
- Emma Watson's 'pristine complexion ruined by outbreak of blemishes' - Apr 04, 2011
- First day, first show: Freshers spruce up with cosmetic treatments - Jul 21, 2012
- Hot-wax mask 'that wipes years off your face' is the latest A-list craze - Nov 20, 2010
- Miranda Kerr reveals her health and beauty secrets - Mar 10, 2011
- Woman kills self over skin condition - Aug 17, 2012
- Fox goes for weekly facials - Dec 14, 2011
- Nocedure-the better botox sans the telltale signs - Dec 29, 2010
- Hair today, gone tomorrow - the natural way! - Jun 30, 2011
- Victoria Beckham gets anti-ageing facial - May 22, 2012
- Unhappy with wrinkles, blemishes? Just peel them away - Jul 24, 2009
- Before V-Day, it's salon visit for women - Feb 13, 2012
- Evan Rachel Wood reveals her blonde look at premiere - Mar 24, 2011
- Blake Lively gets her fashion sense from her mother - Mar 04, 2011
- Cher spends $2,500 a week on facials - Jan 24, 2010
Tags: age spots, aluminium oxide, beauty therapists, beauty treatments, blemish, cling film, dramatic effects, facemask, harsh beauty, jerry maguire, mail, old star, oxide crystals, oxygen, red faced, sandblast, sandblasting, sun damage, surface bacteria, zellweger