Is NBC planning an Office spinoff for Rainn Wilson?January 27th, 2012 - 11:06 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Los Angeles, Jan 27 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Several media reports suggest that NBC is planning a spinoff of the highly successful comedy The Office for Rainn Wilson. The actor plays the role of Dwight Schrute in the show.
The reports say the spinoff will be based on the character of Wilson. The Deadline reports that NBC is planning to launch the show in the early part of 2013. The network is still engaged in the initial planning stage, the report says. Wilson’s managers are reportedly engaged in negotiations with NBC to finalize the deal.
Deadline quoted a source close to NBC as saying that, “Paul and Rainn have been joking for years about Dwight’s life on the farm, his family and how ill-suited he is to run a B&B. A while ago, it started to feel like a show to them. NBC agreed… At its base it will be about a family farm struggling to survive and a family trying to stay together.”
The source further said the show has been developed to include multiple generations which will also include neighbors.
NBC is reportedly in talks with the creators of the Office show to determine the future of the show. Many predicts that the show may be approaching its last season on NBC.
- Will Ferrell To Guest Star In NBC's "The Office" - Jan 28, 2011
- Catherine Tate to star in 'The Office' - May 19, 2011
- Jenna Fischer And Lee Kirk Ties The Knot In A Private Ceremony - Jul 10, 2010
- Oscar Winner Cate Blanchett lends her voice to 'Family Guy' - Apr 30, 2011
- 'The Situation' gets a Jersey Shore spin off - May 05, 2011
- Jenna Fischer And Lee Kirk Walk Down The Aisle - Jul 10, 2010
- Amy Pietz Pitches For "The Office" - Apr 30, 2010
- Miley Cyrus wants summer wedding - Jun 09, 2012
- S&P; cuts ArcelorMittal ratings to junk status - Aug 03, 2012
- S&P; cuts Tata Steel outlook to negative - Jul 26, 2012
- Missing Teen Dwight Clark's Body Found In Bellingham Bay - Oct 07, 2010
- 'Cedric the Entertainer' to come up with 'Hot in Cleveland' spinoff - Apr 19, 2011
- EastEnders to show B&B fire - Sep 21, 2011
- 'The Simpsons' aired their 500th Episode - Feb 20, 2012
- 'Star Wars' TV series put on hold - Aug 07, 2010