Is Keith Olbermann going to run for US senate?January 25th, 2011 - 9:18 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
New York, Jan 25 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Growing numbers of fans on the Internet are calling for Keith Olbermann to run for Senate.
The campaign is fast gathering momentum on Facebook and Twitter. The fans are calling on the former MSNBC host to run for the Senate seat in Connecticut which will be vacant after 2012. Joe Lieberman currently holds that seat.
A facebook and Twitter pages called “Draft Olbermann for Senate” has been created. The campaign was initiated by a blogger with the screen name, Stranded Wind.
Stranded Wind explained on his blog on Daily Kos that it wouldn’t be a problem getting Olbermann to run for seat in Connecticut. He believes that the move will help the Connecticut Democrats to determine whether Olbermann is the right candidate for 2012.
Explained that, “[Olbermann] easily return [to Connecticut from New York, his current residence] and establish residency,” and recommended Olbermann and his lawyers discuss whether his “contract issues” with MSNBC “are a barrier.”
The fan page on Facebook has 500 fans and the number is growing. They identify themselves as a bunch of fans who want to see Olbermann take the Senate. They describe their mission as so important, that they cannot afford to be silent on it.
- Online Campaign Underway In America To Convince Keith Olbermann To Run For The American Senate - Jan 25, 2011
- Keith Olbermann Can Run For Senate, Says New Blog Campaign - Jan 25, 2011
- Campaigns on Facebook & Twitter Urge Keith Oberman's Run for Senate - Jan 25, 2011
- Keith Olbermann to present 'Countdown' - May 26, 2011
- Keith Olbermann leaves MSNBC after nearly eight years - Jan 22, 2011
- MSNBC anchor Keith Olbermann suspended for political contributions to three Dems - Nov 06, 2010
- Bristol Palin fires back after being named 'the worst person in the world' - Dec 04, 2010
- It's now Facebook, Twitter, Youtube for candidates in local polls - Apr 06, 2012
- Keith Olbermann Suspended: Leaves MSNBC’s Show In Lurch - Nov 08, 2010
- MSNBC Suspends Keith Olbermann For Making Campaign Contributions - Nov 06, 2010
- Keith Olbermann And Bill Simmons Engage In War Of Words - Mar 06, 2010
- Delhi bloggers meet offline to discuss issues, gadgets - Jun 11, 2012
- Malaysian PM hosts those who follow him on Twitter - Feb 21, 2011
- Petraeus orders probe into use of 'psych ops' to manipulate US senators for Afghan war - Feb 25, 2011
- Can Facebook and Twitter predict election results better than polls? - Nov 27, 2010