Is Johnny Ball going to join ‘Strictly Come Dancing’?August 31st, 2012 - 8:49 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
London, Aug 31 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Johnny Ball, the father of former Strictly Come Dancing dancer Zoe Ball, has just signed up to participate in the strictly come dancing show. If he participates in the show, he will be the oldest person to take part on the BBC One show.
The Sun reports that the 74 year old impressed the producers of the show during a training session. A source of the BBC said that Johnny might be 74 years old but he has got puff. The source says that it will be foolish to rule Johnny out. Johnny’s daughter Zoe came out third in the 2005 series of the show and is now hosting ‘It Takes Two’ which is a spin off show.
The former children’s presenter is two years older than Paul Daniels was when he graced the dance floor two years back. The show is going to feature a good number of celebrities including some from the Olympics who have expressed their interests. Sources say that Johnny is really good at what he does and that there is a lot of affection for him. Sources say that the 74 year old has been showing some moves which will put younger dancers to shame.
- Su Pollard to star in 'Strictly Come Dancing' Christmas show - Nov 23, 2011
- Former cricketer Tufnell set to spin his pins on 'Strictly Come Dancing' - Aug 21, 2009
- Former cricketer Tufnell to appear in BBC1 television show - Aug 21, 2009
- 'Jhalak...' not a cake walk for Isha - Jun 29, 2012
- My legs move on pitch, not dance floor: Sanath Jayasuriya (Interview) - Jun 15, 2012
- Strictly Come Dancing bosses turn down Alex Reid - Aug 07, 2010
- Butler parties with brunette - Apr 17, 2012
- 'Strictly Come Dancing' experience gave me confidence to join TV industry: Gough - Dec 25, 2010
- Matt Baker Impresses With His "Strictly Come Dancing" Performance - Oct 05, 2010
- Jaaved Jaafery to host game show for kids - Jun 07, 2011