Irwin feud mystery over Australia Zoo intensifiesMarch 1st, 2008 - 2:28 pm ICT by admin
Brisbane , Mar 1 (ANI): The alleged family feud between naturalist Terry Irwin and father-in-law Bob Irwin at Australia Zoo, has taken a new twist, with Bob claiming that the zoo management did not release his full statement about a rift that he asked them to make public.
It has reportedly been said that Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwins widow Terri had been entangled in a major fall-out with the family patriarch and Bob had been banned from the zoo.
The situation turned grim after Bob questioned about the whereabouts of his press release. He said that the three-sentence statement released by the zoo’s marketing manager, Frank Muscillo, for explaining the alleged rift was not his.
“I wrote 11/2 pages and spent a lot of time on it. I made it clear there were to be no alterations to it. I wanted to say it how it was, The Courier-Mail quoted Bob, as saying.
The statement from the zoo read: “Bob is a gentleman of retirement age and we fully support and love him dearly. He has been through so much grief with the loss of his first wife Lyn and only son. These rumours need to end in respect to (sic) the Irwin family.”
However, Bob completely denied that the statement belonged to him, saying: “No, that’s not my statement,” adding tongue-in-cheek “everyone knows I’m not a gentleman. I didn’t know anything about it (the other statement), but that’s par for the course.”
He said that that the original statement he wanted released had “sort of put the matter to rest, but not (exactly) puts it to bed” and now he doesnt want to reveal the contents of the original release. In fact, Bob could not even get anyone at the zoo to reply to his messages.
“I’d like to get it sorted. I rang him (Muscillo) this morning and left a message and got no reply, which is a surprise in itself. If Frank gives me the okay I’ll give it to you (The Courier-Mail. If there’s one thing I am it’s honest. I don’t tell lies like others do around the place, he said.
Though, rumours of a family-feud have been circulating since January, the issue became serious after New Idea Magazine came up with details without naming a source.
But an angry zoo employee has now revealed that the Irwin family feud had happened after an argument regarding the treatment of zoo staff and also involved the management of Wildlife Warriors and animal welfare issues. (ANI)
- Slash launches wildlife charity - Aug 24, 2012
- Steve Irwins father quits his Australia Zoo - Mar 03, 2008
- Aussie tourism body apologises for racial slur - May 12, 2010
- Indian zoos to be graded on performance - Apr 10, 2012
- No rift in team, Australians must be dreaming: Dhoni - Jan 12, 2012
- Irwins rift deepens over Australian zoo - Sep 30, 2008
- Sitarist Anoushka Shankar asks people to boycott zoos - May 05, 2011
- Oz service station worker outwits thief by telling him to buy something first - Oct 29, 2010
- Terri Irwin's team confronts women's mags - Feb 28, 2008
- Fallout in Irwin empire? - Feb 16, 2008
- Terry 'stunned' over commitment to England team doubts - Nov 13, 2010
- Oz Davis Cup captain Rafter wants to end Hewitt-Tomic feud - Oct 28, 2010
- Police Finds Jenni-Lyn Watson's Body, Ex-Boyfriend Taken Into Custody - Nov 28, 2010
- Jolie praises Pitt as a 'real man' - Jun 01, 2011
- Irfan, media manager deny reports of rift in team - Feb 24, 2012
Tags: australia zoo, courier mail, crocodile, crocodile hunter steve, family feud, family patriarch, first wife, gentleman, irwin family, marketing manager, naturalist, new twist, retirement age, rumours, sentence statement, steve irwins, terry irwin, tongue in cheek, wife lyn, zoo management